Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am going to go with the Gabriel Air Shock mod, so I designed an electronic control unit to dump the air when I turn off the ignition. I need to know how many seconds it actually takes to dump the air from full to empty. I could guess, but I don't want to power the solenoid longer than necessary. It has adjustment of a couple seconds either way, but I need a starting point. Thanks, adown

·
Registered
179 Posts
Mine is between 7 and 11 seconds I would think. If I ride tonight I will count it off when I dump it. I have a small solenoid valve located in the faring. If yours is mounted at the shocks it may dump faster or if you have a 1/4" line and valve. Most people like this because of the adjustability. Can you manually inflate and deflate or will it always be done by the controller?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be able to manually inflate and deflate. For the most part the inflate will be handled by a programable pressure switch, and the deflate by the key off timer. Once I find the sweet spot for single and 2 up, it should be a hands off system. It's a RGU, and I don't need more buttons to mess with. I am even contemplating putting a pressure switch in the passenger seat so it can auto select the air shock pressure. I have calculated the solenoid control circuit at 15 seconds, so it sounds like I'm pretty close. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sounds like a cool idea. It will freak people out if you pull up and get off the bike and then have it lower itself. Best of luck getting it dialed in.
McLuvin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts