Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuesday I am installing Dirty Air rear air ride on my '19 RG. I am doing this mainly to get my feet closer to the ground. I have never owned nor ridden a bike with air ride so I have a question and welcome all advice.

First my question.... Are there minimum recommended air pressures based on rider/passenger weights similar to the stock hand adjustable shocks on my bike? If so is there a table to use or is it trial and error?

Now for advice... I realize not to place bike on center stand on soft ground. What else do I need to know?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Tuesday I am installing Dirty Air rear air ride on my '19 RG. I am doing this mainly to get my feet closer to the ground. I have never owned nor ridden a bike with air ride so I have a question and welcome all advice.

First my question.... Are there minimum recommended air pressures based on rider/passenger weights similar to the stock hand adjustable shocks on my bike? If so is there a table to use or is it trial and error?

Now for advice... I realize not to place bike on center stand on soft ground. What else do I need to know?

Thanks everyone!

It’s all going to depend on riding/passenger/gear weight. Just gotta find your sweet spot. Way too many variables, you’ll never run the same psi every time. Which kit did you go with? Are you running a tank or basic kit? I had dirty air shocks on my last bike and absolutely hated them. Ended up forking over big money for AIRFX shocks, night and day difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
960 Posts
Fast up with the tank.

I had the same kit. Came out twice to my back end jacked way up in the air because trash got caught in solenoid which allowed are to bleed into the shocks. Thankfully i was on my side stand and not my center stand. Took the tank off immediately after i got home and went to a basic compressor only system. My advice would be to install a safety valve and a master shut off switch for the entire system. I had my switch mounted under my seat so i could turn the entire system off when i got off the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts