Road Glide banner

How often do yall add air to your tires?

4K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  ToMang07 
#1 ·
I've always had to add air to my front tire every few weeks. 2021 RGS. Stock tires and wheels. Do yall also have to add air that often? The rear tire is always good in air. I check the tires bi-weekly. No nails or obvious leaks. Thanks for any input.

#3 ·
I always figure they're like my truck tires, they go up about 3 pounds when they're warmed up. As far as the leaks, take a little soapy water, put it around your valve stem, after you take the cap off, put it on the tire itself, best if you have jack so you can spin it around. If you see any bubbling coming out there it is. Even check where the rim and tire meet, on both sides at the bead. You could have a leak there if they mounted it and got some shit in there. Soapy water works really well because it starts to blow bubbles like little kids do, lol, so you'll know instantly! You can buy a little small tire schrader valve tightening tool, the little button you push inside your tire valve to let the air out, and you can snug it up that way if they're loose...Kevin 👊 👊 👊

#4 ·
I check before every ride. I check with my inflator so it only takes an extra second to add a pound or two. If you are having to add more and soapy water doesn't Expose a leak, spray it on the valve stem.

#6 ·
I adjust air pressure as needed which comes down to maybe 3 or 4 times from March through November here in Ohio. I also check my pressures constantly but it's via the tpms which I have prominently displayed on the Dakota Digitals. I've used the tpms enough to know I can trust it for accurate pressures. I always use a good digital pressure gauge/adjuster when I'm inflating.

My tires hold pressures fine with zero drop except for those caused by temperature changes. As far as I'm concerned there's no such thing as acceptable air loss in a motorcycle tire. Find the cause and get it corrected.

#14 ·
4lbs in 2 weeks. I rode 450 miles last weekend and all was good when I got home sunday. 38 psi in the front granted the tire was hot at that point. Sunday I went to wash it and check it over and was down to 32 psi. I'm in South Carolina and it doesn't cool down enough at night to affect the tire pressure in the summer. Added 4 psi back to 36. The back stays around 39 or 40. Only add air to the rear once in the winter.

#22 ·
It's not a bad idea, I sell a lot of them at work, the o'rings on them fail. I have one too & when I used to have people that pissed me off, I'd take their tire valve cap off, remove the schrader valve, put the cap on kinda loose & let the thing air out slowly. It didn't destroy the tire no real damage but got my point across. Better than being a Dick and slashing them or my other buddy that ice picked them, not cool.....
Kevin 👊 👊 👊

#26 ·
Sprayed the entire wheel and tire down, no leaks. Maybe it is the temperature change, but I find that hard to believe. Granted it is upper 90s during the day and mid 70s at night here. I always check it in the mornings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.