Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I bought a used aftermarket tourpack last year, finally got it installed today. But, my backrest came apart and I'm trying to figure out how to install it. Does anyone know how to install the backrest to a tourpack? It's the '94-'13 version.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Should be pretty straight forward. I've taken em off to have TP painted. If you have a manual the instructions will be there. Also if you're ordering a new one it'll come with instructions. What exactly are you having trouble with?

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
It's been awhile since I installed a backrest but the backrest should have studs on it and there should be holes in the TP for the studs to go through. But I don't know if the aftermarket is the same as the HD TP.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Did your studs come out of the back rest ? If so, you're going to need to take the cover off the backrest to reattach the studs , or replace the backrest altogether.
PS. The stud is glued to the foam under the upholstery cover.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did your studs come out of the back rest ? If so, you're going to need to take the cover off the backrest to reattach the studs , or replace the backrest altogether.
PS. The stud is glued to the foam under the upholstery cover.
Do they come out easy or something?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Can you post up a couple pics of exactly what you mean? I KNOW we can get this solved...

Reactions: MightyWhitey
1 - 6 of 6 Posts