Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a mounting kit or similar that will lower the front fender? I have a 19" Agitator up front. I would like the stock fender to sit a little tighter on the tire. Was hoping there was an easy way to do that... I really want to stay with my stock fender.

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,319 Posts
Simply drill your holes out a little and bring it down.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Don't think that will get the fender down far enough, I'm assuming you want to tip of the fender down tight, roughly 1.5" or so.....Native Custom Baggers makes a fender lowering kit, drill the rivets out of the OEM fender, moch up the brackets and test fit, weld and repaint ;) that's the best/cleanest way to go about it. Plus it leave you with a clean, rivet less, fender in the end :thumbup:

I've done a few in the past with great success, mike has also posted some pictures in the past of fenders that he's shaved the rivets on....the look itself is worth the effort!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
native custom baggers also has a bolt-on kit available if you don't want to weld and repaint. you still need to drill out the old rivets then the bolts use the rivet holes.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
do it the way i did. put your bike on a lift, and then lower it just a tad too far so your bike falls over and dings up the front fender. freak out, scream and holler, and cuss a bit. get the bike picked back up and go in the house in frustration. calm down, call the insurance agent and make a claim. when insurance agent comes out and cuts you a check, order a primed cvo fender and send it off to be painted your color of choice (in my case, big blue pearl). when it comes in in a couple of weeks, remove old fender and replace with new, lowered fender..... (wheel is a 19'' agitator)

*****i really don't recommend doing it this way, but it did work for me******

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
do it the way i did. put your bike on a lift, and then lower it just a tad too far so your bike falls over and dings up the front fender. freak out, scream and holler, and cuss a bit. get the bike picked back up and go in the house in frustration. calm down, call the insurance agent and make a claim. when insurance agent comes out and cuts you a check, order a primed cvo fender and send it off to be painted your color of choice (in my case, big blue pearl). when it comes in in a couple of weeks, remove old fender and replace with new, lowered fender..... (wheel is a 19'' agitator)

Lol. Sounds like something I'd do.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

haha. Worst suggestion ever. :) J/K.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm.... Not as easy as I was hoping. Thanks for the responses guys. I'm going to look into a couple of these options. I hadn't seen that Native Custom kit before. Otherwise, may just give in and go with the Bad Dad front fender next year.

http://www.baddad.com/products/part/80827

Or see if I can find a deal on a CVO front fender.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
If you want a fender that hugs the tire closer I think the best way to do this is get a wrap around fender. The cut on the stock fender is not such that it hugs the tire no matter how close it is.

That being said, 18" and 19" wrap around fenders leave a bit to be desired as well as they do not sit as close to the tire as 21 or larger wraps do.

If I'm doing something to my bike I'll get a nice wrap for my 21". It will really clean up teh bike and give it a much sleeker look while allowing teh entire wheel to be seen as well. The stock fender blocks the upper and rear portion of the wheel from sight.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you want a fender that hugs the tire closer I think the best way to do this is get a wrap around fender. The cut on the stock fender is not such that it hugs the tire no matter how close it is.

That being said, 18" and 19" wrap around fenders leave a bit to be desired as well as they do not sit as close to the tire as 21 or larger wraps do.

If I'm doing something to my bike I'll get a nice wrap for my 21". It will really clean up teh bike and give it a much sleeker look while allowing teh entire wheel to be seen as well. The stock fender blocks the upper and rear portion of the wheel from sight.
I appreciate that. I'm trying to stay away from the wrap fender look. I think it looks good on the 21" wheels but like you said, not as good on a 19". Feel it just points out that you don't have a 21". And I really like my 19". Plus, around me there are a lot of guys doing the wrap fenders and I'm trying to stay different.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i paid $239 for the cvo fender in prime. another $350 to have it painted (including shipping to new jersey).
Ouch! 600$ in a front fender... that's what I was trying to avoid. Hmmm... Maybe i'll go shake that money tree out back and see what falls from it. :)

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Try $1000 for a wrap around fender painted in my candy orange after teh cost of teh paint, prep and painting. The fender itself is inexpensive for me but that kept me from changing anything with the front fender.

I never really thought about how the wrap just points out that you only have a 19". Good point. Good luck on your venture.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Ouch! 600$ in a front fender... that's what I was trying to avoid. Hmmm... Maybe i'll go shake that money tree out back and see what falls from it. :)
thats about the same cost as a stock hd fender painted from the factory. in my case, it wasn't a big deal as the insurance co gave me more than that.

again, i'm not recommending you go the route i did, but, if you have to buy a new fender for whatever reason, this is a good way to dress it up a little bit for about the same money.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts