Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 2012 ultra with reihnhart duals. Volume is perfect and sounds great under throttle, but the idle sound sucks. The bike just idles too smoothly. How can i get a more choppy idle?

· Another ICON
13,718 Posts
Cams would give you a different idle and a little more power. :D

· Registered
140 Posts
What Dbell said.... Cams will chop it up and as an *ancillary* benefit you will get more power. :D

· Registered
492 Posts
+1 on what dbell said. Just be sure that whichever cam you get matches your riding style. You don't want a "choppy" idle and no performance. Just my opinion.

· Registered
440 Posts
I was shopping cams for my '13 103 and I told my Indy it was his choice. He installed S&S E-Z start, I think 551 cams, and adj. pushrods. Yeah, it does run a bit stronger but not that much difference as my stage 1 and Rineharts and Thundermax helped tremendously. But with the S&S cams the idle is awesome.

· Registered
1,136 Posts
Talk to Frank at Drago Bike Works or Bob Woods has great cams, you can search any Drago cams or Woods cams on here and find a bunch of info and recommendations from either one!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.