Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang, I am new to the forum and I look forward to video viewing post and exchanging ideas. I just purchased 14" Yaffe Monkey Bars & wiring kit and want to tackle the install myself. Can anyone provide guidance???

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Look in "road glide specific " then "handlebars". Lots of help and tips in there.

And welcome to the forum.

Edit:
Just realized this a couple months old. Hope you got them on! Lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey Gang, I am new to the forum and I look forward to video viewing post and exchanging ideas. I just purchased 14" Yaffe Monkey Bars & wiring kit and want to tackle the install myself. Can anyone provide guidance???
I put these same bars on my 2016 and offer the following after doing mine 2x

1. Take your time and don't rush, keep the excitement contained...LOL
I failed my first attempt due to this!
2. Remove the entire stock bars and controls off the bike and more to a well lit bench or in my case kitchen table :grin:
3. Not sure if your 06 has eThrottle or not but with the sharp bends in the bar I had to remove the heavy black wire covers of the Throttle control and hand controls on the right side to get them through the bars nicely and not damage wires.
4. Use ball chain as a wire pull.
5. Get everything remounted and wires run and taped out of the way for remount to the bike.
6. Prior to buttoning everything up turn the bike on and test all controls and start.

Hope this helps... You will love the bars and the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just installed a set of Kst on my 17 rg i wrestled it tried the chain and weed eater string.check out youtube.I used nylon string measure the cables and stager them so your not trying to put one big wad in at the same time.Finally got them through the work is over when you get the wires run.Take your time don't pull to hard feed and pull.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
I put these same bars on my 2016 and offer the following after doing mine 2x

1. Take your time and don't rush, keep the excitement contained...LOL
I failed my first attempt due to this!
2. Remove the entire stock bars and controls off the bike and more to a well lit bench or in my case kitchen table :grin:
3. Not sure if your 06 has eThrottle or not but with the sharp bends in the bar I had to remove the heavy black wire covers of the Throttle control and hand controls on the right side to get them through the bars nicely and not damage wires.
4. Use ball chain as a wire pull.
5. Get everything remounted and wires run and taped out of the way for remount to the bike.
6. Prior to buttoning everything up turn the bike on and test all controls and start.

Hope this helps... You will love the bars and the look.
All the above is great stuff, I would add:

Push/pull, push a couple inches in-pull a couple out
Lots of lube
Patience, don't be afraid to walk away and come back later

Great bars, you will love the results!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts