Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Part 2.

The kit is painted and assembled. The dimensions shows the final placement of the upper parts. Well! Back with this thing on the bike

The washer is there to raise the kit a little bit in the front.

At this point I'm getting a little bit proud of myself. The final result goes beyond what I've had expected. The picture talks for it self.

The pad is in a much nicer position after this modification.

I'm 5,97 tall and the riding position improved a lot after the mod. The bike is a 2007 and have an Heritage handlebar.
I love my RG and I love the stock seat. The entire mod took me about 3 hours of labour to perform.

I hope you liked this write up and I'm looking forward to answer some questions.

GO TO PART 1.
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=16246

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
IdaSweden
I have the very same kit and issues with my ride but couldn't get my head around what needed to be done to make it right. Thanks for the excellent "how to" write up. I will be doing the same mod myself very soon.
Good work!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IdaSweden
I have the very same kit and issues with my ride but couldn't get my head around what needed to be done to make it right. Thanks for the excellent "how to" write up. I will be doing the same mod myself very soon.
Good work!
One year have past. Did you do the mod? If so, how did it work out?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
if I ship you my lower, what would you charge me to do this? I can turn wrenches but suck with a welder! I'll pay fro shipping both ways of course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.