Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed post compairing equipment and HP or Torque variences. Im an old Diesel tech that has used this formula for years .
HP= torq x rpm / 5252
Torq = hp x 5252 / rpm
RPM = hp x 5252 / Torq.

If you know any 2 varables you can calculate the third.

I have seen post where torq was stated as the same for 2 different dyno runs but the HP changed. This is likely the result of RPM point being diffrent .
Meaning that either torq or rpm measurement point must differ, else the hp should be the same.

Thought this might help when comparing components & HP claims. Torque and RPM mathimatically equate to Horsepower.
just my $ .02

P

·
0 Posts
Noticed post compairing equipment and HP or Torque variences. Im an old Diesel tech that has used this formula for years .
HP= torq x rpm / 5252
Torq = hp x 5252 / rpm
RPM = hp x 5252 / Torq.

If you know any 2 varables you can calculate the third.

I have seen post where torq was stated as the same for 2 different dyno runs but the HP changed. This is likely the result of RPM point being diffrent .
Meaning that either torq or rpm measurement point must differ, else the hp should be the same.

Thought this might help when comparing components & HP claims. Torque and RPM mathimatically equate to Horsepower.
just my $ .02
your math is correct,when we still had our dyno,we messed with it a bit.the results were closebut not right on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts