Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you know that John (@RFG7680 ) bought my Battlefield Harley screwed up, Stasge 4, 2011 RGU from Battlefield Harley. Since we figured out that he had my old bike, we have shared several meetings during Gettysburg Bike Week. John knew that I was on the fence about trading my beloved 2015 Midnight Blaze painted RGS for a Snake Venom Limited due to the additional comfort for a newish wife and the new RDRS system, and the blank canvas that a new bike presents. He mentioned that his dealer, that he is quite fond of, had one and sent me a picture. The rest, as they say, is history.

John and his wife Barb were incredible hosts and so helpful for our foray into Ohio from MD to trade a bike. Western Reserve Harley proved to be as honest and friendly as John has stated on this forum. Larry W. in sales was quite helpful as well. John was there at Western Reserve Harley when we arrived from MD and took delivery of the bike. The next day, we met John & Barb for dinner at a wonderful Mexican restaurant and then rode all day on Saturday as John, Barb, and his buddy Rick showed us Geneva on the Lake and the strip. Food was wonderful and I can't thank John & Barb enough for all that they did to include peg adjustment, trailer light replacement, food, ride, etc. Just incredible and awesome couple! Very proud to call RFG7680 Brother! His wife, Barb, is equally awesome. Huge thank you to both of them from Julie & myself! John & Barb are truly class acts in all respects.

And yeah, he is humble and doesn't care for all the above, but it needed to be mentioned. Anyway, I know it didn't happen without pics, sooooo.....

John was even kind enough to crap on my bike before I got to Ohio. :p

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,067 Posts
We had an equally awesome time this weekend. Barb said it's the best she's had in a while. (Says a lot about me huh?) Was a pleasure my friend. That's a beautiful bike ya got there. Time to start the mods.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Congrats on a great looking bike, and thanks for sharing such a positive story. Good stories of great people need even more air time these days!!!

·
Premium Member
5,324 Posts
1st off, congrats Tim on the new scoot!

Fantastic color and model, score!

2nd, plus one on John and Barb being good peeps!

They are as good as it gets! When my wife was sick, John and Barb were a great help and resource!

PS, your not such a bad guy yourself Tim. When my wife passed, you John and Barb sent me a gift basket. After she passed Tim, you were also a great help having traveled the same road as I.

Some first hand experience about the goodness of the folk on this forum.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,282 Posts
Terrific story that just backs up what we all know about this forum and it's members ,,,,, both are 1st Class!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts