Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my bike back from the installer an this was pretty much me all the way home:D:D:D:D:D:D

Components:
JL Audio XD400/4 (Fairing Mounted on the right side like the BOOM amp)
Hertz HCX 165
Hertz HCX 690
Harley Ipod Controller (works surprisingly well)
Hawg Wired metal front speaker grills
Hawg Wired 6.5 adapters
Hogtunes speaker lids

I completely forgot to snap a pic of it mounted in the fairing. I'll check with the installer and see what he has.

Here is a short video. Setup is crystal clear at any volume and it gets loud! This is with the volume set at about the "U" in volume.

http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/RichieRichMRMC/media/IMG_0653_zpsbc9d2aff.mp4.html

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Well since you probably won't be riding it to Maine, hopefully I'll see it in June. :D

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well since you probably won't be riding it to Maine, hopefully I'll see it in June. :D

Sent from my SPH-L710
Yeah I was already a not likely but I just became a no when the battalion just announced that we will spend the entire month of Aug in the field.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
490 Posts
Are you using the stock deck? I would like to keep my stock deck and add speakers and amp but want to be sure i get loud clear sound.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you using the stock deck? I would like to keep my stock deck and add speakers and amp but want to be sure i get loud clear sound.
Stock deck. Can't beat it for durability. Either add pre amps in back or use a line out converter like I did.

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Stock deck. Can't beat it for durability. Either add pre amps in back or use a line out converter like I did.

The biggest negative to using the hi level input versus preamp is that the preamp bypasses the head unit internal amp, thus reducing distortion. Do you have an LOC that mimics that condition?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Definately would love to see how that amp is mounted in the fairing.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Yes Sir, That is what I am talking about.... Double R it came out real good. Chit is jamming! Good choice of song u can never go wrong with Zapp and some Computer Love. :D

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Congrats on the new tunes.

Iron Cross Audio did the preamp outs for my '09, the preamp outs bypass the amplifier section of the HK, which always sounded 'muddy' to me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What kind of mounting plate did you use in the fairing and can you elaborate on that line output converter thingy ?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts