Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am new to the site and after my purchase in June of a brand new 2013 Road Glide Custom in denim black, I joined this site and have been reading a lot trying to learn about this bike. In the short 3 months / 4000 miles I have had this bike, I have decided to tear into it to make some changes. Today after work, I made 3 building stops and two internet stops and got everything ordered.

First the bike is too quiet for me. So instead of just adding slip ons, I decided to go for broke. I have ordered the following and waiting on it to come in next week....

-Rinehart 4" slip-ons / black with chrome tips
-Vance and Hines Power Duals / black
-Screaming Eagle Pro Heavy Breather / black (part already received)
-Power Vision

If you couldn't tell I am already sick of the chrome and want to black it out some. The Power Vision was ordered Fuel Moto after reading great reviews on here and talking to someone last week at FM.

In addition to the bike being too quiet, the stereo also is driving me up a wall. Basically no expandability unless you want to pay 500% markup on products from H-D that can be had in the aftermarket world at better prices. That being said I ordered and should be here early next week.....

-Kenwood KIV-701 Multimedia head unit (No CD player, not Marine)
-JL M200/2 amplifier (Marine 2 channel 75w RMS)
-Kicker KS65.2 Component speakers (not Marine)
-Hawg Wired Radio Bracket and Control harness
-Hawg Wired Adaptor Rings
-Hawg Wired Amplifier brackets (x2)
-Kenwood flush mount USB extension

I still need to order the Sidecar Cycles Head unit cover. As for the speakers, I'm going to try spraying the stock cloth speaker covers with Scotchgard water repellant and see how that works out. I have been doing research on it and I think it may work. I don't ride in the rain on purpose, but would like to have a bit of a safety net incase I do. The right glovebox is going to get the flush mount USB extension so I can plug in a memory stick filled with music and not have to mess with CD's, or Phones. I had this set up on my old bike and it worked great.

Anyway that is my intro to the mods I'm going to begin. I will add pictures as everything progresses once the parts start arriving.

-Mike

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Welcome to The Tank from a displaced Hoosier in West Alabama.
Congrats on the new scoot.

Looks like you got the "mod bug" early. Lol

·
Registered
815 Posts
Let the mods start....just got mine as well its defiantly an addiction

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Christmas came early. I'm still waiting on the stuff from Hawg Wired which won't be here till Friday and my 8 inch Windvest Screen which will be here tomorrow or Friday.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And here is what I got done last night. Tonight after work I have to flash the ECM and then see how everything is. Pictures are a bit blurry but I will get better pictures out in the light. I started about 6:30pm, stopped to watch SOA, then finished from 11:45pm till about 1am.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice work on the bike man!!

I too have the same bike (bought back in Aug). Going with the same Power duals from V&H and SE intake you picked. Just not sure of what slip-ons yet (maybe high-outputs from V&H). Let me know how it sounds, I am always looking for good exhaust pairing info.

Keep up the good work Bro!

Jeff

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the windshield from Windvest came in today, so I picked that up and put that on after I loaded the map from Fuel Moto onto the bike. Here it is in all of it's glory. Sounds great, runs great.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Looks good. Good job.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Today (Friday) was my birthday and I decided to leave work early, wait for the delivery from Hawg Wired and do my stereo install. I just got done with it. Had a problem getting the amp to fit, but ended up making a bracket and after a lot of Trial and error, I got the JL Marine 200/2 amp to fit and wow am I glad I did. This thing sounds freaking awesome with only two speakers. The Kicker KS series speakers sound great and as with all Kicker speakers they know how to manage bass even in components.

Anyway, two pictures of the glove box, if you look closely you will see the left side has the USB port to the radio mounted flush on the back wall so I cam plug a stick in loaded with music. One the right side I added another Power port inside the glove box for whatever. I will mostly use that to charge my phone while riding.

All and all 8and a half hours of strait work and the bike stereo is finished. Now I get to wake up and ride....lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts