1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LINKGYPSY TOUR WEBSITE AND SIGN UP INFORMATION LINK

Join me on the 2012 Shark Week Gypsy Tour

CURRENT ITINERARY
As we get closer I will put together a detailed schedule so those who are looking to meet up with us can do so.

APPROXIMATE MILEAGE (where the scenery is lacking and if we are behind schedule, we will super slab it)
New Orleans to Memphis - 430 ( this will be the longest day)
Memphis to St Louis - 285
St Louis to LeClaire - 314

I am putting a musical CD together that will sync with the ride through the Delta Blues, Memphis and then on to St Louis.

Day one will be the longest day of riding from New Orleans to Memphis. Memphis will include a night on Beale Street to make up for the night in NO that we will miss.

July 12
I will arrive in New Orleans on July 12th and I will be staying at the PRYTANIA PARK HOTEL. July 12th and 13th will be tourist days. Feel free to join me. I have a friend from New Orleans who is a member of the Road King Riders Forum who has graciously volunteered to show us around.

The Prytania will be the New Orleans Base Hotel for the Gypsy Tour
http://www.prytaniaparkhotel.com/
504 524 0427

GROUP NAME: ROADGLIDE.org

The Prytania is an old school New Orleans Hotel in the lower garden district. It is right on the trolley line so there will be no need to ride to get to the French District. It has a guarded secure parking lot so the bikes will be safe.

From their website
The Prytania Park Hotel offers a level of comfort, convenience, and personal service that will make your stay in New Orleans a superb experience and a lasting memory.

Our small, European-style hotel has a variety of room types to suit every traveler, including families, couples, and those on business. The Prytania Park Hotel is located in the lower Garden District, half a block from the St. Charles Avenue streetcar line.

July 13
tourist time - meet up with other Gypsy Tour riders and go for a riding tour and a good group dinner

July 14
7:30 AM - kickstands up and start the tour. Mississippi Highway 61, Natchez Trace and ending the day in Memphis. The plan is to stop at GRACELAND IF TIME ALLOWS.

This is the longest day of riding but we will be rewarded with a night out on Beale Street with our feet 10 feet off of the ground.

MEMPHIS

The Econo Lodge Downtown (TN541) will be the base hotel in Memphis. It is a Choice Hotel.

Econo Lodge Downtown (TN541)
22 North 3rd Street
Memphis, TN, US, 38103

Phone: (901) 522-7050
Fax: (901) 522-0272

WHEN RESERVING YOUR ROOM PLEASE USE GROUP NAME: Chris Hutter

Room Night 89.99
Parking 10.00 (can be split between bikes)

July 15
8AM Start the day at Graceland and Graceland Harley Davidson
The day ends in St Louis.

St Louis HOTEL
Drury Inn Union Station - St. Louis, MO
201 South 20th Street - St. Louis, MO, 63103 - P: 314-231-3900 F: 1-888-458-5771
HOTEL WEBSITE

From Their Website: Within a Sam Bradford throw of all of the shops and restaurants of Union Station, this historic renovation puts you right in the heart of St. Louis. Walk to the Scottrade Center, Busch Stadium, the Citygarden or any number of attractions in the area. Just don’t forget to first fill up on Drury’s famous free extras…

July 16
8AM Kickstand Up continue Northern Tour on the Great River Road.
Arrive in LeClaire Iowa

GYPSY TOUR WEBSITE AND SIGN UP INFORMATION

·
Super Moderator
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hutmo's Gypsy Tour 2012

I have yet to work out the details. As for the trip south... I pan to blow South to FL and them move West towards the Big Easy with time spend on the Gulf Coast and in N.O.

The plan is for me to develop a pretty well set itinerary with stop over points so individuals can join up as we move North towards LeClaire.

I am thinking making it a three day ride. The total road is over 2000 miles but the distance from New Orleans to LeClaire using Google is around 1000.

The idea is that we will be able to pick up Road Gliders as we move north. Going home... hit the super slab, twist the throttle and don't look back. :)

LEARN ABOUT THE GREAT RIVER ROAD

http://www.byways.org/explore/byways/2279

http://www.roadtripusa.com/routes/greatriver/greatriver.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_River_Road

http://www.greatriverroad.com/

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Sounds really cool. Gonna do a little reading about it, and a little thinking about if I can take the time to make a trip like this happen. Not exactly the quickest way to Iowa from NC. But, it's all about the ride, right?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Hey HUTMO, I had my wife almost set on joining me on this ride.

And now it turns into this..........

This is gonna take some serious convincing ...........:eek:..........:D:D

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Hutmo, you feelin the need to 'herd cats'?

Id more than likely be in. If you come thru Bham, you definitely need to hit Barbers Motorsports Museum, and depending upon how many riders you have at that point, I could put peeps up for the night should it fall that way.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'm still in for LeClaire but maybe not by way of New Orleans.
Looking at the map it looks like we would be crossing through Alabama...
I hear there's a creepy clown that rides around there on a red RG..... :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your Route Through IL

Hey Guys, I just wanted to recommend an alternate route when you get on the south side of St. Louis...Go around the west side (I will send a route) and then up the east side of MO instead of through IL. I live in IL and the roads are crap compared to MO and their sights are much better. MO rte 61 to 54 and then up 79 is awesome. Just a suggestion...

·
432 Posts
WOW!!!!! I am already getting excited!!!!! I might be in school in NV by then but hopefully not, we'll see as the date get's closer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I may join you all once you get to New Orleans. I was looking for someone to ride north with and this looks like a good opportunity to do so :)

Are you planning on taking a straight shot from N.O. to IA or are you taking more stops (overnights)?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Looks like a blast, are riders on batwings allowed to go too? My wife just got an ultra limited and when I mentioned me wanting to go on this trip she freeked on me (ok not really, she just loves to ride with me) and the only way I get to go is if she gets to go too!:D

1 - 20 of 143 Posts