Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got it all wired in , just need to tune it and zip tie the spaghetti. The install was pretty simple, hardest part was running the power wire. Ill post more pics tomorrow when I finish up and give a full write up when its complete

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
i have the 150 watt amp and just installed the 6.5 speakers cant imagine how your set up will sound. look forward to pics. i just ran a long zip tie through the wire channel. did you take take off. hawg wired puts out a good product.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can a small amp like that really make the 2 fronts thump?
I haven't tuned it yet and what I can say is. Stock if you try to turn the volume past halfway the distortion is really bad and the volume levels out .it just gets more distorted the farther its turned up. Not with this setup, I turned it all the way up and no distortion. Crisp and clean sound , now that is without even touching the gain or any settings on the head unit. It just got to cold in the garage. Ill finish up tomorrow and post up.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Fleshwound do you just have the one amp and two 6.5 speakers.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok got it all zip tied up and tuned in. Overall a easy install ,the instructions were very good. I would say the average guy could do this install no problem. First thing I noticed after powering up, as the volume is turned up it gets louder not just distorted after half volume like stock. so you get full range of volume with clear sound. Now if your looking for block rockin beats you will need more speaker I think. But if you are looking for clear ,loud, full range of volume while just using the 2 front speakers then this is a solid system for a price that's nice . I have about $450 into everything .

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts