Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my wife and I are planning our first multi day road trip on our new 2016 RGU. We are starting in Aberdeen WA, on 101 south to Astoria, and down the Oregon coast on hwy 101 final destination is eureka ca. Then up 97 through central Oregon. Anyone have any good hotels, bed and breakfasts, restaurants, or places to stop and see along the way.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Trees of Mystery at Klamath, Cali and the Drive Through Tree and Avenue of Giants near Legget,Cali are good to see.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Trip is planned and scheduled. First night Lincoln City OR, then on to Eureka CA, then Fort Kalmath, then Hood River OR. We will go through the redwoods, then Carter Lake. 4 nights and 5 days.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Hey guys, my wife and I are planning our first multi day road trip on our new 2016 RGU. We are starting in Aberdeen WA, on 101 south to Astoria, and down the Oregon coast on hwy 101 final destination is eureka ca. Then up 97 through central Oregon. Anyone have any good hotels, bed and breakfasts, restaurants, or places to stop and see along the way.

This is a place in the Six Rivers N.F. In northern Cali. www.patrictcreeklodge.com

Very cool place to stay and eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sounds like a fantastic trip. I've ridden a lot of Oregon and still so much more to see.

On your way down...The Siletz Bay Lodge is a decent budget motel in Lincoln City as long as there isn't too much partying on the beach.

On your way home...The Pump House is a pretty decent place to eat. Usually a few bikes there. It is right on 97 in Terrebonne, about 20 miles north of Bend. I live about 12 miles away, but prefer it to about anything in Bend or Redmond.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Redwood run

June 9 10 11 2016 is the redwood run in piercy ca .check it out like make it a part of your trip

·
Registered
88 Posts
Go check it out under Road glide specifics and then click organize runs and then you'll see it there by me the Redwood run there's a flyer there

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Ride the Redwood Hwy to Grants Pass on the way north.
Jacksonville is a cool little town in Oregon.
From Grants Pass go South on I-5 to Hwy 234 (Gold Hill) to HWY 62 to Crater Lake.Great roads!
This is HWY 62 on the way to Crater Lake

Attachments

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Cant give any suggestions on places to stay, but I'm on the 101 right now, for the 1st time, camping just north of Florence, OR. You will enjoy the scenery, it's gorgeous. Enjoy your trip.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Enjoy your ride. Post some pics if you can. Which way are you heading north or south? We will be eureka ca on the 27th. I'm looking forward to seeing the redwoods and riding this mattole rd out of Fortuna.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts