Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been planning this trip for a few months now. I had all my stops lined up beds to sleep in, meals etc. My trip starts next Monday. June 13th. Today I get a call from my first stop off point on theTrinity River, seems he is down in bed with Mono and could not do anything as planned, so I get back online and change my plans, find a hotel in Arcata. Then get a call saying I could stay there, but he would not be much help or be going anywhere. (we had a two day prospecting trip planned) I don't really want to sleep in a house where some one is infectious, no insult intended, but.... So now that I have my new reservations set in a totally different part of the state, I am going to hold to that plan. I told him I would swing by and maybe if he felt well enough, we could do dinner at least. So far I have not heard anything back. I hate when a well planned and laid out trip fall to pieces with less than 48 hours till launch. Oh well, I know I'll survive. And for sure will see some awesome roadways in the process. Really looking forward to Hwy 36.
I bought a video camera for the trip, been trying to figure out how to link it up via Bluetooth to my cell phone so I can turn it on and off from my seat, and where to plant it on the bike for the best pics. I will attempt to post a video or two of Hwy 36 and points beyond, but not holding my breath that I know enough to do that. I am considering going all the way up into Oregon to Oregon caves. I have never seen those before. On the way home, I could also do Shasta Caverns. That would be cool. I wish I could have stopped and seen Merle, but life is short.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Have a memorable and safe trip looking forward to the updates

1 - 3 of 3 Posts