Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to install a set of Harley highway pegs (50130-95a) using kit (50964-98). This might sound dumb, but should the pegs but mounted outboard or inboard on the engine guard? I'm thinking outboard would make more sense...

(07 RG)
Thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
On the same topic, has anyone replaced the rear Streamliner passenger pegs with the passenger floorboards kit, and then re-used the pegs as highway pegs ? Was wondering what mounts you used if so.

Dave

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Musicman, put the pegs inboard or outboard according to your leg stretch. The mounts are also a choice preference, Harley has several different ones just depends on what you want to spend. Kuryakyn has a nice set also that are adjusteable on the fly. Good luck with it and enjoy the rolling lazy boy once you put them on

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks ! With the Road Zepplin seat and the pegs, I'll need the wife to nudge me to stay awake !

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Musicman, that's what I did on mine, or I should say the HD shop did before I picked up the bike. Anyway, I have the 360 mounts on mine. There is a lot of adjustment for length, they can accomodate the short or tall rider, and easily adjusted if you change out your seat on occassion. Different seats will put you in different riding positions, so I recommend them. I believe both HD and Kury have these. I had the Kury on my SG and was really pleased with them.

Rowdy

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
On the same topic, has anyone replaced the rear Streamliner passenger pegs with the passenger floorboards kit, and then re-used the pegs as highway pegs ? Was wondering what mounts you used if so.

Dave
Yep. Any standard highway peg mount will work. Put them wherever you're comfortable.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks, guys , for the info. They are nice pegs...no sense leaving them in the bottom of my tool box.

·
Registered
526 Posts

Dave
I used my rear pegs from my 2011 FLTRX and the H-D 360 swivel mounts. Those rear pegs match the brake pedal and footboards, front and rear. Heres a couple of pics of them installed :)

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Musicman, put the pegs inboard or outboard according to your leg stretch. The mounts are also a choice preference, Harley has several different ones just depends on what you want to spend. Kuryakyn has a nice set also that are adjusteable on the fly. Good luck with it and enjoy the rolling lazy boy once you put them on
Go the extra money for the Kury adjustable you will apprciate it in the long run ( I hate buying stuff twice )

·
878 Posts
Go the extra money for the Kury adjustable you will apprciate it in the long run ( I hate buying stuff twice )
Plus 1... I did the Motor Company adjustable's...but the same concept. Ordered new to go on the Glide.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Can these adjustable mounts be used with lowers ? Look like not a whole lot of room between the crash bar and the lowers.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I know one of my buddies has the adjustables on his Ultra Classic EG. Ask your dealer tho. to be sure... they are nice...and easy to adjust :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts