Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has any body used this new HX-66cam from wyrd Bros.?
If you don't know the specs.of a cam how do you tune it or set up compression correctly? If they don't want them copied can't they pattern them or at least make some agreement with the cam grinders too not reproduce for others.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've used it a few builds. It's meant as a bolt in cam and was told by WYRD not to exceed 9.8:1. It's my go to cam with crappy exhaust systems because it's capable of very early torque. It's very similar performing to the TTS100 cam but must not have much overlap because it really shines with low restriction drag style pipes such as V&H short shots.

Dyno Guy- Zimmerman Minnesota

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the reply. I will be doing a small build soon street ported & decked heads for big boyz and cams lifters rods ect.i am really struggling with cams.i have norrowd it down. Kury tc24,andrews57 or I can get the whole package from Gmr.using his 577 cam.do you guys offer a kit? (15 Rgs)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry for the delay, I've been told by admin on this site that I can not speak about my business without being a forum sponsor. The TC24D cams are really hard to beat as a bolt in and with some compression they really shine. ImageUploadedByMO Free1458163680.233922.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1458163695.649283.jpg

Dyno Guy- Zimmerman Minnesota

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
A build can be tuned w/o cam knowledge, but you sure need certain cam specs to set the compression.
Kury 24 works well, and actually an S&S .570 is not that far removed from it, in power and curve shape.
We carry both on the shelf.
Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts