Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a "how to" I made for the friction zone fix. Thanks to crazy4ink for letting me know about this part.

This mod reduces the reach of the clutch lever before it enters the friction zone. Not the total throw itself, but as you release the clutch lever it starts to grab earlier (closer to the grip). It will grab around the mid point instead of the very end of the lever throw.

If feels more natural to me especially in low speed parking lot maneuvers and technical riding.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a fix and best thing is that it uses a factory part that is now being installed on the 2019 models.
[/url][/IMG]

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
You will need to pick up Part #37000295 was $10.08 from New Castle HD. Primary gasket PN# 25700378 is around $25.00-29.00 from most dealers and then 1 quart of Mobil-1 20w50 V twin oil (or whatever oil you use) for the primary is about $9.54 from Walmart. You will also need a primary drain plug o-ring if you don't re use the factory o ring for around $2.00 at most dealers. I reused my derby cover rubber o-ring.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Remove clutch pressure plate and clutch friction/steel plates making sure to keep them in order.
[/url][/IMG]

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Then install your new damper spring spacer (RED) followed by the damper spring (GREEN). Make sure to install the damper spring correctly with the taper shown above in post #13.
[/url][/IMG]

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
After this is all back together make sure to try the clutch lever. You can now watch the clutch pack move. Note....If it is hard to pull like the lever is stuck DO NOT FORCE IT! You may have some of the clutch pack teeth out of alignment. If it wont move take the 3 clutch springs back out and re check to make sure everything is seated correctly.
[/url] buy ammonium sulfate fertilizer[/IMG]

1 - 20 of 89 Posts