Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There isn't one on my 2018 Road Glide Special.

I guess the only way to check the fluid level is to remove the cover and gasket. That sucks. The FM is strangely quiet on checking the fluid level. Is there something in the reservoir that would tell me where the level should be?

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
There isn't one on my 2018 Road Glide Special.

I guess the only way to check the fluid level is to remove the cover and gasket. That sucks. The FM is strangely quiet on checking the fluid level. Is there something in the reservoir that would tell me where the level should be?
I'm pretty sure you have to remove the cover to check the level. That's what I did. Make sure the reservoir if completely level before removing it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure you have to remove the cover to check the level. That's what I did. Make sure the reservoir if completely level before removing it.
Yup. But I can't believe HD didn't provide a sight glass. DOT 4 sucks moisture from the air (a bad thing), so opening the reservoir means some moisture will get in there. Ugh.

·
Registered
522 Posts
On my ‘16 RGU I have a spyglass on the right side of the reseivor. Because the clutch oil gets very dirty though usage it can look as black as the reseirvor itself and get masked
To see the level, with the bike upright, turn the steering all to the right to level the reseirvor and you should see the level just in the middle of spyglass.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On my ‘16 RGU I have a spyglass on the right side of the reseivor. Because the clutch oil gets very dirty though usage it can look as black as the reseirvor itself and get masked
To see the level, with the bike upright, turn the steering all to the right to level the reseirvor and you should see the level just in the middle of spyglass.
Unfortunately, I guess H-D eliminated the sight glass on later model Road Glides... :frown:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts