Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one has me stumped. 2005 Harley Road Glide, with hydraulic actuated clutch. Start the bike cold, ride out, no problems. 20-30 minutes later, roll on the throttle and rpms climb, like the clutch lever is being pulled in. Gets to the point where anything over idle just revs the engine, no torque.

I had a theory, that a set of Bassani aftermarket 2-1 pipes were too close to the clutch line, causing the fluid (DOT5) to heat up, expand, and start to disengage the clutch. Change out the fluid, change the pipes back to OEM, and the problem is still there. Ok, 29K on the bike, let's change out the clutch to a Barnett extra plate carbon fiber clutch. Still does it.

Contemplating just junking the hyd kit and going back to a cable. Haven't heard of this issue with other Harleys, everyone loves them.

Any ideas?
phillyrube is online now Report this foul post Edit/Nuke Message

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
phillyrube, you ask a question & then you post, 'Found the problem'!! It would be nice if you would've taken a second to explain.

·
Registered
182 Posts
what was the problem?!?!?!

·
Registered
182 Posts
He last posted in September 2017. You might want to send him a PM or email if he has them turned on. He might get an email alert.
I realize that fact......I have a hobby here on the forum of waking dead posts LOL

Reactions: twowheeladdict

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hate when that happens! Get all interested and engaged, then no ending! Like watching a TV series and not see the ending. Drives me to drink!

Okay, drink MORE!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts