Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So.. first bike with a hydraulic clutch. 2019 Special. No clutch adjustment. The catch is literally the last 20% of the handle. Very weird. Other than different handles (adjustable) I guess practice makes perfect? Hoglevers seem really high in price. Is it worth it or just keep at it? I actually like it alot when i am moving up changing gears at a speed. Its very smooth. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
AIM Light Force slave cylinder addresses the pull and the damper spring shim addresses the location of the friction area.

Most people with 19's are perfectly happy after they change the cylinder.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Get the AIM slave cylinder. That last 20% where the clutch pull is now will become wasted space and the pull will move drastically closer to the grip

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have heard there has been some problems with the AIM slave cylinder. I agree the clutch catching up so high is an issue, especially I just went from a cable clutch on a Street Glide to the hydraulic on my 17 RGU. I am debating whether to get the Muller Hydro Clutch. Supposedly same as AIM but more reliable.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Maybe I'm just strange, but I dont have a problem with stuff that a lot of people get weirded out about - the hydraulic clutch, EITMS, screen glare, slight gear lash clacking in the primary, etc
I can live with most of it, but not the clutch.

Prolly because I ride the 11 more often than the 18. The difference in the two clutches and how they feel was just to great to ignore.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I can live with most of it, but not the clutch.

Prolly because I ride the 11 more often than the 18. The difference in the two clutches and how they feel was just to great to ignore.
Pre-hydro clutch, you set the clutch adjustment to you're liking(1/2-1 turn out from seated), I preferred 3/4. Now it's a fixed position. So I'll update to the '19 shim whenever I have to pull the primary cover. That's the beef I believe most are having, the one size fits all setting. Evidently there was enough feedback to change it on the '19's.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have heard there has been some problems with the AIM slave cylinder. I agree the clutch catching up so high is an issue, especially I just went from a cable clutch on a Street Glide to the hydraulic on my 17 RGU. I am debating whether to get the Muller Hydro Clutch. Supposedly same as AIM but more reliable.
Ive got about 4K miles on my Muller and it is working great so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just installed the Oberon Clutch Lever and there is definitely an improvement with the friction zone engagement. Similar to my cable clutch on my 07 Street Glide, much closer to the grip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts