Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
i put one on my 2003 road king, i loved it, traded the road king for a new road glide, the clutch is nice enough on the new one i do not feel the need to replace it with hydraulic

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
The Harley ez pull clutch became standard in 2006. There are some ez pull clutches in the after market that offer less effort than the Harley one that you already have. They are a little pricey (about $200) but considerably cheaper than doing a hydraulic conversion

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
The only real advantage to changing the newer clutch with the Hydraulic one is you will not need to worry about the cable. The only cable left is the clutch. All other cables have been replaced. No throttle, cruise or other ones left. I feel it is not worth the trouble or cost. The clutch will need adjustment with, or without the cable. But with the cable, you have a more direct feel if there is a problem with the clutch.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I guess that depends on what you are trying to accomplish with the switch. My Screamin Eagle Road GLide came with the hydraulic clutch standard. It is a slightly easier pull than the cable set-up that I've had on every other HD I've owned, but not by any big margin. It doesn't have quite the "feel" of a cable set up. If you are looking to lighten the pull I think there are less expensive, less involved options available.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I'm just addicted to spending money on this bike and thinking the hydraulic would be nice considering the possibility of the cable breaking.

·
Registered
659 Posts
It's nice. Smooth clutch lever you will like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts