Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with hydro dipping parts off their bike? I have been thinking of doing it than saw a picture of Swagzilla's buddies wheel and was sold on the idea.
1. Is it durable?
2. Cost vs paint?

I am thinking of doing my inner, tank dash and crash bar. But have not seen any bikes with this done. That usually means its crazy expensive or sucks! I have seen shotguns dipped but not much else. Let me know your thoughts please.

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Laxin, there are Diy kits available also. The film is actually pretty cheap. The tank and heater is where the money lies. I believe you clear coat the film or it wouldnt hold up.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Prices and experiences would be awesome to hear.......thinking of having this done as well and I'm not going to get a do it yourself kit.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
There's a company in Woodinville Wa, Casmere, has millon $(?) machine, they put the hydro on womens plastic hand held body de-skiners'(for use in the shower)...they farm out to have them cleared some polane to finishing shop by the truckload a few yrs back

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Prices and experiences would be awesome to hear.......thinking of having this done as well and I'm not going to get a do it yourself kit.
Thats great. Some of us actually enjoy doing things ourselves. I was just throwing it out there. These companies wouldn't exist without the yuppies.

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
LOL I do everything on my bikes but paint, to me this falls into the paint category. There's no way I would try this myself on my bike :eek: small things in the garage yeah, inner fairing or bags or fender, etc hell no LOL to many variables that could effectively ruin an expensive part :eek:

With that said, I love hydro dipping. Was thinking about adding it on this bike at one point :thumbup: as for cost, I was quoted $0.50/sq inch locally

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL I do everything on my bikes but paint, to me this falls into the paint category. There's no way I would try this myself on my bike :eek: small things in the garage yeah, inner fairing or bags or fender, etc hell no LOL to many variables that could effectively ruin an expensive part :eek:

With that said, I love hydro dipping. Was thinking about adding it on this bike at one point :thumbup: as for cost, I was quoted $0.50/sq inch locally
Yeah I called and they said the same. About 50 cents a square inch. From what I'm getting the pros paint, dip and clear for the best look. I'm gonna give some YouTube videos a go and see what the process looks like. If it's something I could try I may give the kit a whirl. Of course I'll start small with my tank dash insert. If I don't F it up to bad maybe the inner.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 34 Posts