Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :D

Interested in this process for my Ultra.
Got a quote for roughly 600 depending on print!!
Any one have experience with this ?
Can it be removed or painted over?
There are hundreds of prints now!!
Im in the Birmingham Alabama area if any one knows of someone in this area let me know.
Guy I talked to is in SC.
Thanks for any responses :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CA0DR4GSQg

·
Registered
639 Posts
It's an awesome idea and I'm sure it is MUCH cheaper than airbrush work, but I find myself wondering how durable it is. After all, they are using the same tank for every dip (dent in the side) so it can't be too hard to take the stuff off.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have a guy here where I live that I am gonna have him do my inner fairing this off riding season. And said around about 200 to 250 to do mine. But am thinking of doing a double din radio setup ... wondering how the doube din radio is to see in the daytime

·
Administrator
10,397 Posts
there is a guy down here who gave me his card a few months ago , I may still have it , ( Prattville ) , all I saw was his Sporty up close and the dip he had done looked kind of gawky to me up close ..

JtB

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
It's an awesome idea and I'm sure it is MUCH cheaper than airbrush work, but I find myself wondering how durable it is. After all, they are using the same tank for every dip (dent in the side) so it can't be too hard to take the stuff off.
Its really not a cheap process if you have it done right. I thought so too. It was close to 500 to have my inner fairing and a few other small parts dipped. Its ver labor intensive. You have to do all the prep, paint the color you want, dip clean, etc. A lot more goes into the professional job than one thinks. Or you can buy the cheap kit and do it yourself...:eek:

To the OP, Reficul has half his bike dipped, but won't post pictures. lol...It looks awesome and super original.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Hello :D

Interested in this process for my Ultra.
Got a quote for roughly 600 depending on print!!
Any one have experience with this ?
Can it be removed or painted over?
There are hundreds of prints now!!
Im in the Birmingham Alabama area if any one knows of someone in this area let me know.
Guy I talked to is in SC.
Thanks for any responses :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CA0DR4GSQg
Apparently so, if you look at the video they use the same tank over and over...notice the dent on the tank in each of the processes.

Pretty cool system for doing graphics on tanks, fenders and helmets though!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I actually had a rifle stock done. They. Spray a base color. Dip then clear it. Paid 100.00
How does it hold up to heat and the gun oil? What all gun parts can you do?

Is the a place to see all the hydro graphics available? I'm really interested in doing multiple parts this winter. Do they have anything ed Roth/rat fink related?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had my inner fairing dipped in carbon fiber
turned out really good, it's only as durable
as a normal paint job..
you can scuff it up and repaint or dip as much as you
want

1 - 14 of 14 Posts