Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
Welcome back Charley. What were you riding in the 13 months off the RG ?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went with a Indian Chieftain. Rode that three weeks and piled it against a van. Broke the thing in half. Broke my pubis bone and separated my sacrum from my pelvis. 4 screws, titanium plate and a long titanium bolt to hold the sacrum on, I rode the OL lady's victory cross country around. Then bought a peace officer street glide cause I was being cheap. Just couldn't shake the Roadglide off my mind so traded the "me too" bike for my black shark.
Can't hear my radio above 60 mph. The buffeting off my ears is annoying, so gonna start the windshield purchasing game. Researching here makes me think freedom shield. I am 6'2" with 33 inseam. Sit on a Sunray heated seat. Just how tall should I go?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Can't hear my radio above 60 mph. The buffeting off my ears is annoying, so gonna start the windshield purchasing game. Researching here makes me think freedom shield. I am 6'2" with 33 inseam. Sit on a Sunray heated seat. Just how tall should I go?
At your height I'd start with a 15" shield, which will be approx. 6-3/4" above the windshield vent. I'm 5'9" and the 14" works great for me, however my bike also has lowers.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
Thanks all
I am scheduled to do the windshield demo thing at the dealer. If I don't like that I am gonna do the freedom shield and not peel the plastic.
I was only down about two months. All good now

Roadglide Charley
Madstad make a shield for the 15's. Probably stay lower with better performance.

Reactions: nsbohall
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.