Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lol, going down the highway 65ish, gave it some gas and totally slipped. Hmmmm, that was weird! Let’s do again, then totally slipped and a load screeching. Got it to the dealer, where she sits for a diagnosis. Transmission oil seemed black after 2500 miles. Bikes got 6500 miles on her.
I’ll keep ya posted.
2019 RG special

Attachments

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dilemma but like what has already been stated it sounds like a clutch issue.
Best of Luck and keep Us posted.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Nice title, that's hilarious! You don't happen to ride the clutch a lot do you? I'm interested in what the dealer finds on this. Could you tell if anything changed in the clutch while in use or taking off from a stop?

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,094 Posts
"BobRG15" has a 2019 CVO Glide and they just had to replace the whole trans on it. Pretty bad when a $45k bike won't go a year without having to replace the trans. I'd add that he's not the type to thrash on a bike so it had to be a production issue.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love the fact that I bought the extended warranty with this bike. 5 years of trouble free miles. If she breaks, come and fix it.
I’ve been riding motorcycles since 1st grade, Moto, single track still here in Colorado and on a Harley since 2004. Averaging 20k+ a year. My 1st real issue with a Harley, I’m sure I didn’t burn out the clutch.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
When I read the title I thought it had something to do with Eddie Nelson, sorry my bad.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Lol, going down the highway 65ish, gave it some gas and totally slipped. Hmmmm, that was weird! Let’s do again, then totally slipped and a load screeching. Got it to the dealer, where she sits for a diagnosis. Transmission oil seemed black after 2500 miles. Bikes got 6500 miles on her.
I’ll keep ya posted.
2019 RG special
Hey Sixgun. Sorry to read about your transmission issue! On an unrelated note, we have a local thread for forum members along the front range if you are interested. it is the "Front Range Colorado Meetup/Ride" or https://www.roadglide.org/394-west-region-rides/355785-colorado-shark-roll-call.html .

Please join if interested.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Hey Sixgun, great sense of humor Bro!
Keep Us posted on what went wrong with Your Glide and when it’s finally repaired.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 72 Posts