Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
I broke the tip off of my 1/8 audio jack and now it's stuck in my radio. Any tips on gettin it out?
That sucks,

Looking at my stock radio, if its broke off flush, you may be able to pull the radio, remove the back of the radio cover and use a small pointed pic from the back side of the jack plug and push/work it out.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Sadly I've done this more than once, I keep a few pair of tweezerman tweezers on my trucks for SOB splinters. These work great. Once when one snapped about flush, crazy glue gel did the trick, pulled it enough to grab it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cork screw

I am making a couple cork screw thingys out of #40 and #50 drill bits. Will try them when I get home

·
Registered
348 Posts
That sucks balls. Hasn't happened to me yet so I've got no idea how to help ya.
There has to be a way to take apart the head unit and fish it out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That sucks,

Looking at my stock radio, if its broke off flush, you may be able to pull the radio, remove the back of the radio cover and use a small pointed pic from the back side of the jack plug and push/work it out.

Back side of the jack is not open

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
A microscopic dab of quick dry epoxy on the tip of something long enough to fit in the jack and touch the broken piece. Like the flat end of a drill bit. The only worry would be any seeping and you would end up bonding whatever you used to pull the piece out with inside the jack.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I broke my jack

In my business we have those jacks break all the time. What we find is if you have a strong magnet it will sometimes pull it out far enough to get it with a needle nose pliars.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts