341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished the install yesterday of my Audio Upgrade which consist of
Sony DSX-MS60 head unit
Biketronics install kit
Biketronics Titan Speakers
Sounstream 520/4 Amp
Homemade Amp mount

Running the amp bridged so 260watts to each speaker. I was told be Biketronic that those speakers could handle it. Went for a test ride last night and could still clearly hear music upto a 100mph with a full face helmet on and a 8" tall Klock werks windshield. Wish I had more money to keep adding because this is like a drug.

Here are some pics on the finished install

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
260 Watts per speaker! Is that RMS or peak, and can the speakers actually handle full volume?:eek: :D

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
260 Watts per speaker! Is that RMS or peak, and can the speakers actually handle full volume?:eek: :D
Soundstream claims 520watts x4 RMS. I tuned it by ear with the Sony head unit set at 35 around 36 is where the head unit starts to distort. Gains are set around 2/3 of full power. These speakers are bad ass but even if they blow they have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I live in Central Texas with speed limits of 85mph on the Toll way so its not uncommon to ride 90+mph in a pack with my Brothers. As Hdonut was saying I was just seeing at what speed was the music still listenable. I am very happy with the results of the small budget that I had.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I spent about $100 more and got an extra set of speakers and 2/3 the power

I still did okay myself.

neano, you don't have anything to worry about, 2 speakers will always be 2 speakers

I do want a nice set of beyma B clones
Worried?
There is ALOT more things in LIFE to be concerned about,....
I aint scared

I live in Central Texas with speed limits of 85mph on the Toll way so its not uncommon to ride 90+mph in a pack with my Brothers. As Hdonut was saying I was just seeing at what speed was the music still listenable. I am very happy with the results of the small budget that I had.
I lived in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area for 18 months back in the 80's, and I know what ur sayn bout I-35! Put a Fist size Hole in the Block of my Duster tryn to keep up!
hehe- I rode a Honda CB900 Custom, @ that time. Had to ride about 45 minutes just to buy,...'Warm Beer'.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Worried?
There is ALOT more things in LIFE to be concerned about,....
I aint scared

I lived in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area for 18 months back in the 80's, and I know what ur sayn bout I-35! Put a Fist size Hole in the Block of my Duster tryn to keep up!
hehe- I rode a Honda CB900 Custom, @ that time. Had to ride about 45 minutes just to buy,...'Warm Beer'.
Well we have discovered refrigeration since then Neano so now we can ride hours to get cold beer! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts