Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I am trying to find threads on SW IX, but there is very little recent postings on this site. I have been told that most postings/updates are on FB on ride events. Why two posting forums? I would venture to say I am not the only one who does not use FB. Is there any way to have up coming ride postings come to this site and utilize this forum for upcoming events postings?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Hi there! I am trying to find threads on SW IX, but there is very little recent postings on this site. I have been told that most postings/updates are on FB on ride events. Why two posting forums? I would venture to say I am not the only one who does not use FB. Is there any way to have up coming ride postings come to this site and utilize this forum for upcoming events postings?

Thanks
Here is the latest info re: SW IX https://www.roadglide.org/57-road-glide-gathering/374809-sw-info.html
Hope this helps.
If not just do a search.
Mike U.

·
Registered
775 Posts

Thanks
There is also a Facebook group. I do not normally participate in Facebook for personal reasons. That said, the group has a lot of information about Shark Week! I recommend you join. There are links to the Facebook group on this forum.

I found this link: https://www.roadglide.org/57-road-glide-gathering/366113-shark-week-ix-hotel-booking-information.html

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,948 Posts

Thanks

As a long time member and former SW host, I have to say that you hit the nail right on the head. The current situation, as it has evolved is wrong. THIS IS the RoadGlide.org forum PERIOD. I won't make many friends here with what I'm about to say but I already have some really great friendships that originated here on this forum so I'm not too concerned. The shift to FB (and away from this forum) as the main discussion venue for RG.org members was/is extremely selfish. Everyone has access to this forum, but not everyone has (or wants to have) the ability to get on Facebook. For the last 2-3 years now, many of our members, and most of our moderators, use FB almost exclusively for content that should be posted here. In doing so they have managed to effectively split our membership in half.

"We are the unwanted few, the Roadglide Riders, we will not conform to what the world thinks we should be, we are a brotherhood that no one can break. All are welcome but leave your drama at the other forums, not ours, we are here to have fun and share knowledge about life and motorcycles. "Long Live Roadglide.org aka The Sharknose"

Many of you probably didn't know that we had a mission statement. The above was first posted by "Billy Bob" the original creator of this forum. I suspect that he might not be too thrilled about the fact that half the active members rarely bother to even visit this forum these days. I was struck by this sentence from the mission statement: "we are a brotherhood that no one can break..." It appears that we're breaking ourselves in terms of half the active members doing FB almost exclusively, and the other 50% stay loyal to this site. These days it seems like most of the event info never makes it to this forum because some find FB more to their liking. Those of us who have stuck to the original forum venue don't care what or how much gets posted on FB, but we do care that ALL of the information about our biggest event of the year (SW) does get posted here at about the same time it gets posted on FB. And the information exchange should be all inclusive and ongoing, not just SW info.

Many of us (myself included) consider this to be the best HD forum anywhere, and it's pretty embarrassing that those of us who frequent this forum have to refer inquiries about our single largest yearly event away from this forum to FB. That's just not right. This site should be the principle site for everything RG.org related.

So what do you say kiddies, can we all agree that all RG.org info should get posted here first, and then if those in charge want to put it all on FB or whatever social media site they chose it's OK with us. I know this group to be pretty opinionated, so don't read this and move on. Whether it's one sentence or 10 paragraphs, lets us know how you feel about this subject. If we have a bit of an outpouring here perhaps common sense will prevail and we can start moving this forum back to being what it was intended to be.

I mean no disrespect to any of our members, moderators, or staff. I see this split that's developed/developing between this site users and FB users and it's unnecessary. Follow the mission statement - it is our ONLY true guidance, and is what made this place so damn great for such a long time.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
So what do you say kiddies, can we all agree that all RG.org info should get posted here first, and then if those in charge want to put it all on FB or whatever social media site they chose it's OK with us. I know this group to be pretty opinionated, so don't read this and move on. Whether it's one sentence or 10 paragraphs, lets us know how you feel about this subject. If we have a bit of an outpouring here perhaps common sense will prevail and we can start moving this forum back to being what it was intended to be.
Uncle Fuzzy...I agree with you 100%. I am on Facebook but I do all my reading right here. I don't check in much over the weekend from home because I need to get a new computer, mine has gotten outdated and slow. But I check out the forum almost every night from work. This is RoadGlide.Org .... Facebook is just a backup in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Based on all the work warnings about Facebook, and the facts that are coming out regarding them datamining and influencing folks with their social and political agenda, I stay far away from Facebook.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Never been a member of Fakebook and don't intend to become one. Unless I get famous and my publicist insists upon it for the benefit of my fans.....>:) UncleFuzzy said it all and dropped the mic, so no more that I can add to that eloquent argument, other than if it's on Fakebook, I won't be a nowin' bout it!!!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I could easily have quoted Uncle Fuzzy, but y'all can go back and read it for yourselves but I will add that I whole heartedly agree with what he wrote/said ! PERIOD ! Didn't understand the shift when it first happened and still don't. Long live R.G.org; "The best forum on the internet"(@Mike U). Thanks Fuzzy for having the stones to speak the TRUTH !!!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I totally agree. I don’t have Facebook and never will. If I can’t find it here or the other bike forum I frequent I can live without it. Way too much going on at FB that I want nothing to do with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
As long as the moderators don't frequent Roadglide.org and stay on facebook things will not change. Maybe it should be time for new moderators. Everything related to RG.org should be posted on this forum 1st and then facebook 2nd. The moderators and members that use facebook only are unknowingly slowly destorying this forum :crying:. I for 1 do not use Facebook and never plan on it. Long Live RG.org . JMO

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well thank you Uncle Fuzzy! I wasn't sure if it was just me missing something or whatever. Your post was well stated and wholeheartedly agreed with by me and obviously others. I am extremely new to this forum and would like to see the updated inclusion of events and whatever activity. I do not use FB and never will!

Thanks again

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Right On Brothers!
Facebook and all the other innerwebs nonsense isn't for me either.
As was previously stated, The Moderators of "The Greatest Forum on The Internet!" should make sure that all info that pertains to Us should be posted here first and elsewhere second.
If "They" cannot comply with this then I say it's time for New Moderators who will.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I agree with you Fuzzy as I do not and never will belong to FB, with that said I will get down your way and have lunch with you one day as I am over FB, the forum to a degree and Sharkweek in general for reasons I’d rather not post here right now. The thing the members need to understand is Roadglide.org is owned by a for profit company that makes their money off selling advertisements on the website, the FB page and Sharkweek is NOT owned by Roadglide.org but is something certain members thought up and brought to life so the FB page and Sharkweek does not have to follow any of the rules of Roadglide.org. Sharkweek benefits from the forum by getting members to attend and the forum benefits from Sharkweek by creating interest in Roadglides but they are not one and the same.

·
Registered
342 Posts
What is this Facebook you speak of? It sounds evil.

ROAD GLIDE.ORG RULES!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts