Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was puttin around last week running some errands while the missus does whatever it is that they do when they don't have anything to do. Anyway, I had stopped by the local dealer to visit and buy stuff. It was lunch time and there is a Hooters next door. The scenery is not much but the food is good (seriously, I went there for the food just like all of ya'll do :D) so I dropped in.

I was sippin on a cold one waiting for my wings when 2 soldiers were seated across from me. When I finished eating I decided I would buy their lunch to show my appreciation for what they do. I called my waitress over and said, "See those 2 soldiers?" Before I could say another word she said "Sorry, you are too late, someone else is buying their lunch." Then, she told me I was the third person to ask. Now how cool is that? It did my heart good to know there are still other folks out there who are grateful for the commitment of our men and women in uniform. Plus, the fact that she instantly knew what I was up to tells me that maybe it's a common occurance. I hope it is.

God Bless our Troops and God Bless America,
Gzrglide09

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Right on! :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
There are still good people

And obviously you are one of them! It gave me cold chills just reading your post; just like hearing the Star Spangled Banner does! It is a great feeling when you can try to show your gratitude for those sacrificing for us, isn't it?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Very cool! Your appreciation, and that of those like you means a lot.

I try and pass along the good will and remember to thank the Vietnam vets who didn't get this treatment in their day.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've had the same thing happen to me. Guess you just have to stand at the door and wait for them to come in.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
So many Air Force and Sea Bees here on the coast I'd go broke although I do shake hands and say Thank You. But I focus on the older warriors. The old gents proudly wearing their WW II caps, Korean War caps and Viet Nam caps. I do buy lunch for these men and give a humble Thank You.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Kinda of a funny story to add to this thread.

A few years back my wife and I went to visit the Biltmore Mansion in Ashville, NC. After touring the house Cindy wanted to go to the winery for a little wine tasting. When we left the parking lot there was a car in front of us with a USMC decal on one side of the rear bumper and Proud Marine Wife on the other. I told Cindy I was going to invite them for lunch.

There was no way to get alongside the car until we reached the turnoff to the winery. Then I was able to pull along side at the stop sign. I said" Marine, it would be an honor to buy you and your family lunch" The woman in the passenger side looked up and said "That's not my husband".

I didn't know what to say..just turned and went to sampled wine with my wife.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts