Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making room for 3 Diamond Audio amps under the failing: two Micro2v2 500W and one HXM800.4

Before

During

After

Amps will be here Thursday. I’ll get them installed next weekend and update with pictures of 1,800W under the fairing... If all goes as planned - LOL

Also busted out the drill to add some horns to the speaker grills:

Then a little solder wire loom and connectors to get them ready for install next weekend

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
You have a whole lot more guts than I have. Looks like you are going to have a great setup, nice. I am a bit concerned that when I see the pictures, I picture this madman holding a grinder up with a dangerous look in their eyes, lol.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
No turning back now!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have a whole lot more guts than I have. Looks like you are going to have a great setup, nice. I am a bit concerned that when I see the pictures, I picture this madman holding a grinder up with a dangerous look in their eyes, lol.
Ha ha - I wasn’t even a little nervous cutting the stock fairing bracket, but when I cut the tabs off my $800 Custom Dynamics headlight that made my butt pucker just a little. That was the point of no return for sure.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No turning back now!
Amazon delivered my 1/2” HDPE board tonight. Tomorrow I will work on making the mounting spacers for the Micro2v2s under the side “wings”. My plan is to screw the HDPE to the wings from the top, then either velcro the amps to the under side, or make some steel mounting brackets that screw into the HDPE and bolt to the Micros. Probably try the Velcro route first to see how it works.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, yeah that takes balls. Like to see it all put back together, oh and post a sound clip!
You got it. Taking requests on song choices.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AC/DC Hell's Bells comes to mind....

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Back in Black is always one of my tuning songs, but this time it will have a completely new meaning since the bike is back to black.

·
Registered
640 Posts
With all the work, calls, education, quality of equipment, and cash you have put into this project - I suggest Motorhead Overkill. I miss Lemmy.

Or if you want a suggestion that tones it all down, then The Doors - Rider's of the Storm; you've ridden out a bit of storm through this system. It has acoustics in there that sounds great with a good stereo.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Making room for 3 Diamond Audio amps under the failing: two Micro2v2 500W and one HXM800.4

Before
View attachment 410965
During
View attachment 410966
After
View attachment 410967

Amps will be here Thursday. I’ll get them installed next weekend and update with pictures of 1,800W under the fairing... If all goes as planned - LOL

Also busted out the drill to add some horns to the speaker grills:
View attachment 410968
View attachment 410969
Then a little solder wire loom and connectors to get them ready for install next weekend
View attachment 410970

I commend you on being born with brass balls! That's a project I would struggle to take on! Congrats! Certainly want to see the final project

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Ex Kiana Lede
Fireball Gent&Jawns
I wanna Know. Joe
Dont know why. Nora Jones. This is used a lot because of how clean the recording is. If you can turn it up to this song and it is clean your audio is pretty good. The other songs are good for tuning.

The other songs mentioned might be songs to listen too but not to test/show off a system

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ex Kiana Lede
Fireball Gent&Jawns
I wanna Know. Joe
Dont know why. Nora Jones. This is used a lot because of how clean the recording is. If you can turn it up to this song and it is clean your audio is pretty good. The other songs are good for tuning.

The other songs mentioned might be songs to listen too but not to test/show off a system
The education continues. I added them all to a specific tuning playlist. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts