Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for the best, brightest, most reliable LED replacement bulbs that won't break the bank? I would like just to replace bulbs with bright leds but I will do a replacement like the Hogwerks package if it is superior and more reliable. I plan on touring the country and need the bulbs to stand up. Any opinions and technical reviews on bulb, Hogwerks and other ideas are welcome and much appreciated. Cross posted in Aftermarket Accessories as well. Thanks! 2012 RG Ultra

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
I am looking for the best, brightest, most reliable LED replacement bulbs that won't break the bank? I would like just to replace bulbs with bright leds but I will do a replacement like the Hogwerks package if it is superior and more reliable. I plan on touring the country and need the bulbs to stand up. Any opinions and technical reviews on bulb, Hogwerks and other ideas are welcome and much appreciated. Cross posted in Aftermarket Accessories as well. Thanks!
Ok what year is your bike?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Cheap way to do it is to grab a couple relays and some wire, then set it up to use 80/100 watt H4 halogen bulbs. Bout $40-$50 for the whole setup.

Other than that, you'll need to replace the asm with one of the LED units. The LED H4 replacement bulbs suck. Especially in out on the shoulders were Bambie and her friends lurk

·
Registered
667 Posts
went on amazon and bought a pair of H-4 lcd replacement bulbs plug and go, no wiring to change great light, full wide coverage, i live in the backwoods in texas and get good road ditch coverage to illuminate the nite criters that crawl out of the dark ditches.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I can't help you with the lights, but I'll give you another idea to consider. Deer Whistles. I've been using them for several years now. I mount them on the tops of the lower fairings, one on each side. Most of the deer I come across, react in one form or another. They'll either turn their heads and stare at me or they run away. They're about $7 a pair at Autozone. Some people say they don't work, some say they do. I figure if they don't work, I'm only out $7 and no worse off than before. But from what I can tell, they do work. Moose are part of the deer family.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a 2012 custom & have these from fuelmoto, HUGE difference. You might find cheaper bulbs but these are great & fuelmoto is a great company to deal with & they stand behind their product.

https://www.fuelmotousa.com/i-21121603-moto-led-h4-headlight-replacement-bulb.html
No offense to Nordic, but I ran a set of those in my 07 RG. Started out great and then within a few months 1 fan went out and the other was making a grinding noise. Returned for a refund and bought a Chinese made Daymaker. Loved it, almost as good as HD’s only $500 or so cheaper!!

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
I recommend running additional lighting on the bike as well as brighter headlights. You can have LED running lights on the engine guards with the right one angled to light up the shoulder. Also, I avoid riding when the animals are most likely to be roaming when I am on a trip. 12 hours in the saddle is enough for me.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
No offense to Nordic, but I ran a set of those in my 07 RG. Started out great and then within a few months 1 fan went out and the other was making a grinding noise. Returned for a refund and bought a Chinese made Daymaker. Loved it, almost as good as HD’s only $500 or so cheaper!!

First I’ve heard of any issues with these bulbs, mine have been in for years. Good thing you got em from Fuelmoto that stands behind their products & gave you a full refund.

·
Registered
487 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know you said you didn't want to break the bank, but these Clearwater Darlas have great reviews. Clearwater has sales a couple times a year of either 20% off or $100 off which put these in the area of $399 including the mounting hardware. They are adjustable running lights and can be hooked up to go to 100% brightness when you turn on your high beams or flash to 100% brightness if you hit your horn button.

https://www.clearwaterlights.com/collections/featured/products/darla

1 - 13 of 13 Posts