Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two months of back and forth negotiating a price/deal with the dealer I brought a new black shark RoadGlide Special home. My Enduro has already taken a liking to her.

I love the power, how she handles, etc. I'm super excited about the long trips I'll have on this ride. As a software engineer and video game developer with extensive UI experience, the BoomBox audio BS is a ----string of expletives---- disaster. If any Harley rep responsible for this trash reads this, I present two middle fingers to you, I really wish I could splash a whiskey in your face at a dive bar. But back to business, I picked this up at a "clearance" price I was happy with, honestly I was surprised how low the dealer let this go for, but he said he needs to clear the floor for the 2020s and since I'm a cheap bas--rd, I'll not pick up a 2020 which will definitely be priced higher this year.

I already threw on a detachable backrest so I can haul all those hot ladies around, but I'm eying all sorts of mods which include some well reviewed Chinese grips. Given that our HD branded Grips are made in China, I have no Gripes about buying Chinese knock offs if they're well reviewed and look cool.

I'm open to suggestions for highway pegs, Led Lighting, and had a question on a waterproof USB plug to go in the cigarette lighter port.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Congrats, Welcome to the Tank from Texas and enjoy!

·
Registered
196 Posts
After two months of back and forth negotiating a price/deal with the dealer I brought a new black shark RoadGlide Special home. My Enduro has already taken a liking to her.

I'm open to suggestions for highway pegs, Led Lighting, and had a question on a waterproof USB plug to go in the cigarette lighter port.
Use this USB plug for the cigarette port, 2x2.4amp outputs and the probably slimmest one on the market :

·
Registered
662 Posts
Welcome from Pa! All the ADD ON stuff is pretty much the same. The expensive stuff.... is more expensive.... Go for YOUR fit and YOUR look my good man. good luck with your new ride and to chasing your "Unicorn"!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
hidey ho from oHio!

welcome to the forum

you might want to forgo all the pretty stuff and save up for some rear shocks.
your back will love you for it!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Custom Dynamics Probeam Inserts , Highly Recommend!

Personally I like the Kuryakyn ISO Grips, Avon’s are a close second; the contour Avon’s are a bit small for me though.

I just plug my I phone into the integrated usb in the fairing, which charges and provides me with music.

Highway pegs depends on seating position and bar position, anything Harley branded chase the threads first. (Harley Billet Black Mounts c factory streamliner black footpegs) Kuryakyn mounts work well, or for the shorty Ciro Mounts.

After replacing bars (Harley Tallboys )and possibly seat (LePera Maverick DLL), get a freedom shield windscreen(15” ST)

Rear shocks are almost a requirement for the dedicated rider. (Ohlins)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,314 Posts
You think your radio sucks, try the 15 to 18 Road Glide......
Congratulations on your bike, enjoy.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Custom Dynamics Probeam Inserts , Highly Recommend!

Personally I like the Kuryakyn ISO Grips, Avon’s are a close second; the contour Avon’s are a bit small for me though.

I just plug my I phone into the integrated usb in the fairing, which charges and provides me with music.

Highway pegs depends on seating position and bar position, anything Harley branded chase the threads first. Kuryakyn mounts work well, or for the shorty Ciro Mounts.

After replacing bars and possibly seat, get a freedom shield windscreen.

Rear shocks are almost a requirement for the dedicated rider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the Kuryakyn black ISO grips with added throttle bosses and still dig them.

I've purchased these ISO grips for my last four bikes and for me they just feel great in your hands.

As far as bars, for me the stock bars sucked.

I started with 13" LA Chopper Twin Peaks, and they were great but after having the 13" apes I decided to go with 16" apes.
For me the 16" apes are the best length for me overall. I also went with braided black steel lines.

As far as windshields I went with the 13' Klock Werks Sportsflair, and two LRS Stingray's in 10" & 13" and for me all three windshields have been great.

And don't forget lowers and removable chopped tour pak.

Then there's also a full exhaust system & new sound system along with the Custom Dynamics LED lighting options and new solo seat.

The mods are never ending but that what it takes to make your bike your own verse stock from factory.

I have a very long list of mods done to my bike and it's still no 100% done.

Looks like you have a lot of reading to do.

Let the mods begin.

Oh don't worry we will all help for spend your money.

Swomack

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, like the dirt bike too.

Welcome from Mass!

Great info listed so far

Yup, we will definitely spend your money, if you let us.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Congrats on the new bike...let the mods and parts ordering begin.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride.....it is a beautiful bike. You will have a lot of fun accessorizing it to suit your tastes and your riding style. I tend to like long trips so my new RGS is having some 13” shocks installed tomorrow. One of the great things about owning a Harley is the seemingly unlimited aftermarket support available for them. You will find much very good advice here on this forum as you proceed to make this bike into whatever you want it to be!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome to the tank. Congrats on the new scoot. Take your time and enjoy doing the mods and making it the bike you want.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts