Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked it up yesterday but it was to late to try it out so the bike is still in the trailer. The bike starts and sounds better so I am going to put the hard lowers on and give it a run today. The builder wants around a 1,000 miles on the bike before doing a full dyno tune with power pulls, they put the bike on the dyno and put 41 miles on the bike, the only thing I can't figure out is he said he put the rev limiter back down to 5800rpm which I don't mind during the break in period but I am going to tell him to set it back to 6500rpm when he does the final dyno tune. My new exhaust from Drago's was shipped on Thursday so by the time I get enough miles on the bike to do the final dyno tune I will have the new Dragula on. Hopefully the bike is done right but just to make sure I will do a compression test on the bike after I rack up a few miles.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I hope they got you straightened out this time, I know youve been through hell with the build. Atleast the bike sounds better, hopefully runs better too. The dragula addition cant hurt either :D. Good luck with it all.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
I hope all is good on the bike this time too. I still don't buy the 1K break in time for the Dyno tuning. I guess its not much to deal with though after all you been through.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope all is good on the bike this time too. I still don't buy the 1K break in time for the Dyno tuning. I guess its not much to deal with though after all you been through.
I don't mind putting the miles on the bike before the dyno tune, better to take some time and break it in right and I am waiting for the exhaust anyway and I want the 2 into 1 exhaust on when the final tune is done. By the way the OB said I have another 90 days of warranty on his work.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
I hear ya . too bad it's not warmer weather up there for you. 1 K would go by quick in the summer.

That's all the warranty he's giving his work ? 90 days don't seem like much for an engine build on a street rider.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Glad things are going in the right direction for you ironmark.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear ya . too bad it's not warmer weather up there for you. 1 K would go by quick in the summer.

That's all the warranty he's giving his work ? 90 days don't seem like much for an engine build on a street rider.
I am here in AZ for the winter and it is suppose to be 68 and sunny today. It won't take long to roll up a 1,000 miles here

·
Registered
38 Posts
If the bore and hone and assembly are all done properly the rings are seated already, assuming the tune was not too far off and the motor was not overfueled (or underfueled) too bad or detonated! This 1000 mile stuff....:mad:

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
Subscribing, I hope they got it right. What did you work out with the warranty?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Hopefully everything works out fine. You put up with more problems then I would of.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
If the bore and hone and assembly are all done properly the rings are seated already, assuming the tune was not too far off and the motor was not overfueled (or underfueled) too bad or detonated! This 1000 mile stuff....:mad:
I agree with this 100%. It's already broke in.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put a little over a 100 miles on the bike Saturday and it seems to run fine I didn't go over 3,000rpm, I am going to take it out today and put some more miles on the bike and then do a compression test on the bike tomorrow, hopefully the compression test will turn out good.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How's it going now ironmark?
The bike is running much better now but it still needs the final dyno tune. I got my Dragula exhaust from Frank but the heat shield for the rear pipe was missing so I didn't put the exhaust on yet. It seems that Frank was waiting for the heat shield to come in and he shipped me the exhaust knowing I would like to have the exhaust on before the final dyno tune, but I just don't feel comfortable riding the bike with no heat shield on the rear pipe with the pipe being that close to my leg so I am waiting for the heat shield. I appreciate Frank getting the exhaust to me ASAP but I am keeping the true duals on until I get the complete exhaust and I will just rack on some more miles until I can get the final dyno tune done. Hopefully I can get everything done this week but I am not expecting a real good dyno tune from the OB because he is too old school and thinks the dyno tune just consist of adjusting the AFR and he doesn't adjust the timing too much unless he can put in a can mapp.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Glad the bike is running better for you ironmark!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts