Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stripped a screw trying to put the docking hardware one. Damn the MOCO and their star screws.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gotcha bitch!

Sorry, small victories

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
That bites! If you have a dremel, carve a flat groove in the head of the screw and use a flat head to unscrew it....... While we're bitching, my key broke off in the door to my business yesterday.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Stripped srews and broken keys...that's a bitch for sure. Here's another...I locked my keys IN my truck at work....BITCH

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Stripped screws and broken keys...that's a bitch for sure. Here's another...I locked my keys IN my truck at work....BITCH

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
oops...double post...another bitch, sorry...lol! and it was #333 (not half bad)

·
Registered
395 Posts
If its an allen head, try pushing a metric head into it (sometimes you have to use a hammer) then turn it out. Also, they make drill bits that counter screw just for pulling out stripped screws. Unfotunately, I have used both methods many times, but they work.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used a screw extractor kit. Though it was defiantly not as easy as the picture showed on the back of the package.

h-donut, I think that I could use a really good set of torx and hex sockets, and t-handles.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Take a1/4 " drill bit and drill it into the head slowly and the head will pop right off.Then just take the controlls off and unscrew the stud by hand.No damage to the chrome or paint.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I know it's a little late now, but I chase every threaded hole on aftermarket stuff these days. My floorboard extenders where unbelievable, how crappy the threads where, just helped a buddy after he snapped off a bolt on his HD quick detatch windsheild due to chrome all over the threads...... buy a good set of die's it'll never bite you again.

Dirk

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts