Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today marks 6 months since I put down my last pack of cigarettes for good. It has been quite a journey. Starting with a simple cigalike kit and advancing into bigger batteries, clearomizers and liquids.

Life has dealt me a really bad hand this year and have been suffering through major anxiety and stress issues but I still have not caved. And the temptation is not even there. In my past attempts to quit I have always caved from way less. Looking forward to that 1 year mark that in all of my previous attempts at quitting I have never hit.

Reference my previous thread:

Tobacco free for almost two weeks - How I am doing it

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Congratulations !!! I put them down over 5 yrs ago. Keep up the good work.
Almost forgot to tell you to buy something for the bike with the 6 months of savings.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations !!! I put them down over 5 yrs ago. Keep up the good work.
Almost forgot to tell you to buy something for the bike with the 6 months of savings.
I don't think the savings were that much for the first 2-3 months. I was trying out different things and spending quite a bit doing it. I think I totaled it up one day and it was just a little less than I would have spent on cigs. But the health savings are priceless. Now that I have settled in on what I like I spend about $40-$50 max a month. So maybe after the next 6 months I will treat myself.

·
Registered
567 Posts
quit

great, keep it going. i quit over 11 years ago ,but not soon enough.. last year i was told i have COPD.i'm 63 ,still riding my cvo rg 09.good luck.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Congrats - that is one of those significant life accomplishments. Hope the worst is behind you and you hit the year milestone. The 6 months is worth celebrating!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Congratulations! I quit almost 6 years ago, pack + a day for twenty years. I have cheated a couple of times and bummed one only to take a puff and wonder how I ever put up with the taste. Now if I can only quit chewing!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Congratulations on quitting. I quit Jan 27 2012 and wished I did it sooner. When my wife had a brain tumor operation which caused me a lot of stress I ate a lot of hard candy. She has fully recovered and I didn't go back to the cigarettes. You can and will make it. Ride long and enjoy life to the fullest.:D

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Congratulations on your milestone and good luck during the next 6 months.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Congrats on making 6 months. It's all down hill from here. Quit myself almost 21 years ago from 2+ packs a day.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Congrats for sure, but as you know be aware! I quit 20 years ago, though it took me several serious attempts of 6mos. or better to finally make it. Quitting is torture till you make it!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Congrats. A day at a time. 2 years 5 months for me, well worth it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts