Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hurt my baby...how bad is this? Is it something I can fix myself or do I have spend mucho money to have it fixed? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Is that the front fender? Time for pin stripes, or your signature, "But officerrr I sesst the same name on the Bike";)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Read the posts under "Paint" and get familiar with touch-up. Lots of videos out there, and all of them really push on being patient and taking your time.

Of course, you can always take it to a paint shop.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's actually the tank...I felt sick to my stomach when I noticed it. Ugh...yeah I don't know alot about paint...I found touch up paint but I was hoping it was something I could buff out or something...

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Leave it be, it adds character.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
it really depends on how deep it is...... Key is patience as it's not just gonna be a wipe on / wipe off fix......
It doesn't look too deep in the pic.....a good compound with a high speed buffer. They make some good touch up pens.....Last that in let dry & then start buffing with polishes.

BUT- before you start the DIY & spend $50-60 in material- run by a good body shop....they may be able to buff out for you for what you'd spend yourself??

OR---- a Nice Spounge Bob band-aid will work everytime..........LOL.... Good luck

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,652 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
harley sells touch up paint kits for all colors, the special clearcoat that they use is a real bitch to blend in, I can't really tell what the clear is on your bike.

My last bike was a special edition black ice blue ice, it was a colored clear with stuff in it and I never was able to get it to look good so I just left it as best I could, when I traded it in for the shark I saw it on the showroom floor and they had pinstriped over it.

damn that sucks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for all the advise. I think I will take it by a body shop to check on pricing first before I try and make it worse. :p
Thanks again!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is true...my wife and I ride whenever possible...so definitely won't be the last scratch.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm really good at scratching stuff for some reason, hence why I sucked it up and learned how to do minor paint correcting, color sanding, and buffing. You'll spend way more for materials and tools than you would just taking it to a shop this one time, but if your like me and you do it all the time, it's nice to have. I practiced and learned on my scratched up work truck so as not to screw up the paint on the nice new shiny stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts