Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading all the positive comments here I ponnied up the duckats and ordered a 14.5" bronze madstad. Im 6' with a 29" inseem. I ride with the stock ultra seat with a gell pad inside which pushed me up another inch or so as well. I have been debating on the 14.5 or the 16 and decided on the shorter since so many here are happy with it and shorter ones. Ill provide updates once i have it installed. :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
160 Posts
Good luck with it. Let us know how it turns out

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the same build and I ordered the same Madstad earlier this year. You will be very happy with it. I know I am..... what a huge difference. I also ordered the upgraded well nuts from them and that was well worth it also

·
Registered
967 Posts
Mine is 13" am 5'10" will say Madstad reduce about 80% of the buffering on the RG. Very please with mine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am very happy with my 14.5 and more importantly the wife is happy with it. I only wish I would have upgraded the well nuts at the time too.
Happy wife.... happy life.
Ozzyn

·
Registered
639 Posts
Dang ya'll are gonna make me order a Madstad. Those jokers are ugly but I wouldn't mind a little better protection than the windsplitter.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ImageUploadedByMO Free1409163425.598755.jpg here it is. 14.5 bronze. Im not sure if i like the rubber trim but im going to roll with it for now. Right now it is all the way down and all the way forward. Ill play with it from here.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Coincidence - I'm 6' with 32" inseams & just mounted my 14.5 medium gray madstad last night. Got the torturous HD chrome front trim back on this morning. Little medical issue going on, so probably won't test it out until tomorrow evening.

Curious to see. Good luck w yours!

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
The Madstad is the best shield going for the RG short of a 19" barn door shield. Also try the Sancho wings along with the Madstad. Together, they make a great combo. The wings work so well the MOCO incorporated their own version on the 2015 RG models.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So far so good. I pulled over 3 times on the way ti work making adjustments. Right now it is all the way up and im still playing with the angle. I had a little turbulance near the top if my helmet but I already like it much more than the 19" HD ahield Ive been riding with since Ive owned the bike.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I already have the harley dog dish under there. I have been thinking of getting the thing that snaps to the highway bar though

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im noticing that the turbulence is less the more I pull the angle back. Im fairly certain it would be practically non existent if i were sitting a little lower or had bought the16.5". I have the rgu stock seat with a gell pad sewn in so im sitting about an inch taller than stock. Im 6' with a 29" inseam.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Finally got to try my 14.5 medium dark today. All of the old thread comments are right - I was impressed with the improvement. Raised the top up to right at eye level to take most wind off my wife, and fairly sloped back. She noticed good improvementb& could hear radio at 75 mph. I think I'll keep a little lower when by myself just to keep sight line clearer. Easy to adjust.

Very happy. Hope yours is going good too.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Not that I know of.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts