Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
my level of excitement goes up each day...then it hits a point where I worry that im forgetting something and its to late!!!

See you in a few weeks Shrug!

D.

·
Super Moderator
5,875 Posts
At about this hour on Friday 8-8, I will be eating a big ol corned beef sammich with the one & only dmize in his hometown!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
At about this hour on Friday 8-8, I will be eating a big ol corned beef sammich with the one & only dmize in his hometown!

Is that an Izzy's? I'll take one of those in lieu of the 1/2 Rack. Just Corned Beef on Pumpernickle with a slice of swiss. Don't forget the Potato Pancakes and the pickle.

·
Super Moderator
2,890 Posts
Those of us in SoCal will have been on the road for four days and at this point will be enjoying the spectacular beauty of the views from Estes Park in Rocky Mountain National Park. And at least one of us will be very happy to finally have EFI at that elevation.:rolleyes:

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,887 Posts
Those of us in SoCal will have been on the road for four days and at this point will be enjoying the spectacular beauty of the views from Estes Park in Rocky Mountain National Park. And at least one of us will be very happy to finally have EFI at that elevation.:rolleyes:

RNP - Absolutely one of my favorite places. I used to live in the Boulder area and rode through the park 3-4 times a year. If you get lucky you'll have to stop on the main road into the park from the east to let a herd of Big Horn sheep cross the road. Or you'll see and hear the elk bugling in the meadows. Used to ride the "Peak to Peak Highway" to get there. Good memories of 10 years living in Colorado.

I think Colorado has to be on a list of possible Shark Weeks locations at some future point. There's no better riding in the country in my mind. Ever do the trip from Montrose to Durango and the 4 corners area? Spectacular!

·
Registered
316 Posts

If that tickles your fancy, we've got a place just like it here in Schenectady, NY. It's just about on the way to SWIV if you're coming across I-90. Check out Slick's Restaurant & Tavern - I think they have 5 sandwiches (Turkey, Roast Beef, Corned Beef, Ham & Cheese, Tuna) and about 50 types of beer. The place is tiny, but a hidden gem in the Stockade section of Schenectady.

And...I'm leaving July 31 for Sturgis, then back East for SWIV...how exciting! I'm going to have a 5-6,000 mile month! Might have to swing home, change oil on the way thru!

Cheers,
G

·
Registered
894 Posts
If that tickles your fancy, we've got a place just like it here in Schenectady, NY. It's just about on the way to SWIV if you're coming across I-90. Check out Slick's Restaurant & Tavern - I think they have 5 sandwiches (Turkey, Roast Beef, Corned Beef, Ham & Cheese, Tuna) and about 50 types of beer. The place is tiny, but a hidden gem in the Stockade section of Schenectady.

And...I'm leaving July 31 for Sturgis, then back East for SWIV...how exciting! I'm going to have a 5-6,000 mile month! Might have to swing home, change oil on the way thru!

Cheers,
G
I'll be in Schenectady tomorrow. Maybe I'll check that out!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts

Oh my that makes me hungry! I've had corned beef all over the US and none of them have compared to Slymans...

Thankfully... I'll have the night to digest the sandwich, because we leave the following day (although the first "pit" stop might be a long one)!!!! :eek::eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts