Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 road glide custom with the stock black windshield. I like the way it looks and contours to the fairing, but it offers minimal protection. Is there anything pretty short that looks similar but offers better protection? I'm only 5'10 so shouldn't need much.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I put on a 13" Windvest and Sanchos Wings and it solved the problem of getting beaten to death. Also I could actually hear the radio at speed.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I am the same height as you are, the 8" KW looks the best but I wanted something a little higher so I tried the 12" KW, it was better but didn't like the wind being directed into my ears. I really liked the 12" Gee Glide by Cee Bailey but once I decided to add the HD black Road Glide windshield trim I had to change out the Cee Glide as it does not work with the windshield trim, so I am currently running with the 12" Windvest and really like it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
IMO the shorter the shield you get, the more wind you get. Good to have a shorty for cruise night and a tall windshield for tripping.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have an 8" KW and a 12" Windvest...like the protection of teh WV but I like the looks of the KW better and run it most of the time.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
The Long Ride Shields "Mako" is also a good shield. The design is similar to the Windvest. The Mako and the HD wind deflectors are a winning combo for me.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have an 8" KW, it doesn't offer much more protection over the stock windshield.

I also have a 10" light tint Windvest. it's a great shield that offers all the wind blockage I need (way better than stock) and, in my opinion, still looks slick.

this pic of the 10" WV may help you get an idea of how tall it is.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good! I'll measure mine the same way.

I can't get the HD wind deflectors due to aftermarket fairing brackets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts