Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made it!!!!!! Today marks the ONE YEAR anniversary of my first full tobacco free day!!!! I am much healthier, energetic, and have much more money in my pocket. Yes I have turned to vaping, but it is so much more healthy. Yes I get the nicotine. just not all of the tars, chemicals, carcinogenesis, and carbon monoxide I was breathing in before. Now it is time to start weening myself down on the nicotine levels until I reach zero. After all the ups, downs, stress and turmoil I have been through in 2013 it still amazes me that I did not resort back to smoking. But here it is. Below is the last pack of cigarettes I ever purchased. I bought this pack on March 4th 2013 before my initial starter kit came in. I smoked exactly 4 cigarettes from this pack and the pack has been in the center console of my car for the last year. I think it is either time to get them bronzed or just throw them away. It has been with the help and support of family, friends and several awesome companies like DelawareVapor.com, ECBlend, Smokeless Image, Halo-E Liquid, V2 Cigs, DesertVapes, Completevape.com as well as members of E-Cigarette-Forum that ha got me through it. The big hurdle is out of the way. The 1 year milestone. I will continue on with my much healthier habit of vaping and will eventually work my way completely off of that too. But this is my 1 year mark. After 17 years of smoking this is my longest stretch without a cigarette. Don't miss them. Don't want them. And surely don't ever want to depend on them again.

Here is the arsenal of vaping supplies that has helped me along.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Congrats. It,s tough, last smoke I had was Thanksgiving day 2012, the first few months I could have killed someone, but now I don't crave or even want one.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Huge congrats!

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Thats great!! Good luck on giving up the vape, if you give that up you will even feel better.
I been tabacco free for 10 years as of Feb this year, I was smoking 2 1/2 to 3packs a day and I went cold turkey which wasn't that hard to do if you put your mind to it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thats great!! Good luck on giving up the vape, if you give that up you will even feel better.
I been tabacco free for 10 years as of Feb this year, I was smoking 2 1/2 to 3packs a day and I went cold turkey which wasn't that hard to do if you put your mind to it.
I did the same thing 20 years ago, cold turkey from 2 packs a day.

I think there comes a day in every quitters life that they just know "this is it" and never look back, hopefully that day was a year ago for the OP, congrats!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Congratulations on your success, I have been smoke free for two years January. I wish you only the best that not only you but all of us who have quit continue our achievement. Good health to all so we can ride long and enjoy life to the fullest.:D

·
Registered
440 Posts
Congrats on your success! I call it a success because if you have made it a year, seems like you will be able to make it for the rest of your life.

My buddy ordered my vaping kit, supplies, extra batteries and everything else I should need, today and it should be here within a couple of days. I have quit numerous times in the last several years but it seems when I get to the 3 month mark something happens and about 3 am there I am in the 24 hr. food mart buying smokes.

The vaping kit has worked, so far, for my buddy and I've been telling him I wasn't going to try to quit again unless he seemed successful--and he seems to be over the hump so I'm going to try again.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Been trying to work up the balls to cold turkey the 2+ pack a day habit. It sucks the big one but I am so hooked.

Congraties on your accomplishment.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Congrats!!! That counts as a life accomplishment.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts