Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got the new Native Customs fat tire kit, speaker lid, lower fairings and bags off and heading to the painter tomorrow. New parts, of course, need to be painted to match the rest of the bike, and the saddlebags need to be touched up due to a couple of rock chips.

I LOVE my paint job, but I was doodling a bit this evening on another potential design. Ever since I decided on the fat tire kit I’ve been wresting with the notion of going back to black. Here are the two designs I roughed in this evening:

To add perspective, here is the original mock-up for my current paint job:

Taking and notion of wasting $ off the table, am I completely insane? I get a ton of compliments on my paint scheme, but with the 2019 CVOs all coming out with similar paint color fades maybe I need to do something a little different again?

Welcome your thoughts and opinions.

Reactions: geo8866

·
Registered
336 Posts
Damn bro, I like your style. Both look killer but personally I like the gloss black design. Nonetheless, you can’t go wrong with ether or staying with what you’ve got.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'm a Vivid Black fan, but I sure like what you have now!

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Love all the paint sets. Yours is killer already. But if money isn't an issue and you want to change it. Change it. More power to ya. My only critique is the angle of the number 1s. I'd say have them hand painted on so they match the bag angle.

·
Registered
7,184 Posts
Both are great, but the black one stands out the most to me. I agree with RFG 7680 on the angle of the number 1s.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
We all have opinions, but you’re the one who has to be happy and completely satisfied with what you choose. All look good, go with the one that makes you happy.

Reactions: Ohiobellboy

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
The thing about your decision on the tank emblem for the black setup. Do the eagle but leave off the SEP wording. You have an S&S engine in there. Not an SE engine.

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
You ask, "Am I completely insane?" Short answer, Yes, but we all are on this forum. I vote for the first pic.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Playing around with a few more design ideas...

Reactions: madmat and GMONEY

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Playing around with a few more design options

Like this one a lot. But drop the grey at the back of the tank to follow the lines coming from the back forward.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Like this one a lot. But drop the grey at the back of the tank to follow the lines coming from the back forward.
Maybe something more like this

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Maybe something more like this
Yep. Bad ass. I think you need to do this. I want to see it in real life. I'd love to be able to do something like that. I just find other shit to throw my money at. Lol.

·
Registered
656 Posts
your current color is pretty badass-I also like the top display-I added the hd emblem badge to my 2011 cvo-gray or black u can't go wrong-the best thing with black is being able to get ext bags, fender ext , lowers and tourpacks already painted-good luck on your choice

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
What about the last design but flipping the colors. The gray on top, fade into the Black?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What about the last design but flipping the colors. The gray on top, fade into the Black?
Funny, I had the same idea this afternoon. I think I’m going to stick with black as the primary color this time, but this was the flip of the concept I’m leaning toward.

Reactions: Bevis

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I’m leaning this direction this time. The design’s always look “flat” because they are 1 dimensional, but I think the “simple” is better. If I don’t love it when we do it, I’ll go with the busier tank and put the bit 1 and fading there.

Reactions: Bevis

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,063 Posts
I think I’m leaning this direction this time. The design’s always look “flat” because they are 1 dimensional, but I think the “simple” is better. If I don’t love it when we do it, I’ll go with the busier tank and put the bit 1 and fading there.

I'm with you 98% on that last design. "Simple" is better than "too much", (which is what I thought about the big #1 on the tank in a couple of the other designs). One suggestion, have you considered doing an orange stripe on the front fender. I was thinking having it start as one line at the very front peak of the fender and then have it split into two lines that go down and follow the bottom outline of the fender. The single line flowing into 2 would accent the width of the fender and wheel. If you're spending all that $$$ on the 180 front end kit, you might as well draw a little attention to it. Just one ol' guy's thoughts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts