Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'm using my iphone right now and got frustrated trying to search.

I'm about to pull the trigger on some upgrades and am stumped on what to use for fuel management.

I have a fuel moto billet intake. I plan on getting the new drago 2:1:2 headers when they come out next month. I'm also leaning toward either the drago mufflers or the CFRs. I would like to add a cam sometime down the road.

I've looked at the PCV, TTS, and fuel moto micro EFI (because it's cheap, which is a plus for me).

I don't think I want the PV because I want it to be out of sight, and the Thundermax is too expensive for me.

I'm hoping to get some thoughts/suggestions on this build and reasons why.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Don't waste your time with the FuelMoto Micro. Really basic and personally I'm not a fan of harness boxes. Just another thing to go bad and leave you stranded.

I went with a TTS tuner. There is no other tuner on the market that can do as much as the TTS. In fact, I have purchased 6 TTS tuners now and have been very happy.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have the micro tuner and love it for its simplicity. However, if you are going to add cams later you need a more advanced model.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
PV for me. Your comment about it being out of sight has me confused as you can simply flash your ECM and take it off the bike completely. If your looking for a great tuner that's easy to use its gonna be hard to beat.

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
I'm for the TMax, it may not be cheap, but it's user friendly and it's not a piggy back unit.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you want performance, spend the money on the Thunder Max tuner. If you want sound and to save money, go cheaper. You get what you pay for. If you are going to do a "build" then buy the right tuner once. If you are going to run Drago exhaust, that means you will also do a new breather and probably want to add cams. TMax covers it all. And Frank Drago has all of the maps needed for any setup.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hitman,

Frank usually has some very attractive pricing on various packages. You might want to give him a call.

tj

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PV for me. Your comment about it being out of sight has me confused as you can simply flash your ECM and take it off the bike completely. If your looking for a great tuner that's easy to use its gonna be hard to beat.
Well i didn't know that. I guess I have to add that one to the list.

So from what I understand the Thundermax replaces the factory ECM and the other options plug into the factory ECM and flash it or create a loop? Is there a benefit of one over the other?

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
The power visions does not piggy back the ecm. It flashes the ecm. You flash it through the data port. I have the Power Visions. I like it. Simple to load maps. If I had to do it again, I would probably go with the T-Max, though no issues with the PV1

·
Registered
252 Posts
I only have experience with the power vision, and I am a fan. Honestly, I don't own the power vision, my friend bought one and I bought a second license for it. Flash and remove, unless you want to leave it on and make changes on the fly. The fuel moto guys supply maps within 36 hours for basically any set up you can imagine.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts