Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to to add a ton of bass into my system. At the moment I have none at all. Im thinking of going with the advanblack 8” speaker lids for the bags.
Can anyone recommend speakers for the 8” lids, or any other ideas for the rear? Maybe 6x9’s over the 8”? I listen to mostly heavy metal and death metal, slayer, six feet under . I would appreciate any input, thanks.
2015 roadglide arc audio 600x4, Hertz Pro Audio Speaker Combo SV165.1 - ST25 from American hardbag.

·
Registered
975 Posts
First post needs a hearty welcome...Hearty Welcome. Good luck chasing the "sound" Pay once , cry once!! Enjoy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm just posting because I to Listen to Heavy Metal and will need moar bass as well <3. Have a Heavy Metal Morning from DEUTCHLAND

·
Registered
939 Posts
I can tell you 8s or any speaker in a lid will not give you any bass. The JL 8.8’s i had on my last bike were ok but i still wasn’t happy. Your best bet is to add a set of 8s or 10s inside your bags. I’m in the process of doing 10s right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can tell you 8s or any speaker in a lid will not give you any bass. The JL 8.8’s i had on my last bike were ok but i still wasn’t happy. Your best bet is to add a set of 8s or 10s inside your bags. I’m in the process of doing 10s right now.

Wow. Is that a kit you bought to do that or are you fabricating that yourself? Thnks

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Welcome, from One New Yorker to Another, to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
I just put a set of PRV 8MB600FT Speakers in the saddlebags and they made a much needed improvement with the Bass in My Audio System.
I am still tuning My System tho.
A set of 10" Speakers will provide more bass but I didn't want to loose that much bag space.
Where in NY are You? I'm just north of The Big Apple.
If I can be of any assistance please let me know.
Mike U.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Wow. Is that a kit you bought to do that or are you fabricating that yourself? Thnks

The rings you buy and bond to the bags yourself and they will fit any 10” speaker. They also sell them for 8s. Several companies sell them but i got mine from a guy on Facebook names Tim Nagy. I picked his because they were low profile and still allowed me to use the stock “L” shaped screws that hold the bags on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome, from One New Yorker to Another, to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
I just put a set of PRV 8MB600FT Speakers in the saddlebags and they made a much needed improvement with the Bass in My Audio System.
I am still tuning My System tho.
A set of 10" Speakers will provide more bass but I didn't want to loose that much bag space.
Where in NY are You? I'm just north of The Big Apple.
If I can be of any assistance please let me know.
Mike U.
Thanks for the input Mike U, I’m wondering if the speakers you have can handle the double bass and the low deep growls of death metal. What kind of music are you listening to on them? I live in Queens N.Y. and I was looking into these. https://www.americanhardbag.com/products/aggressor-pro-880-twin-8-full-range-woofer-mount-for-harley-davidson-baggers
More stealthy for Queens if you know what I mean. Thnks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

The rings you buy and bond to the bags yourself and they will fit any 10” speaker. They also sell them for 8s. Several companies sell them but i got mine from a guy on Facebook names Tim Nagy. I picked his because they were low profile and still allowed me to use the stock “L” shaped screws that hold the bags on.

I like that you can still retain the “L” shaped screws. The 10” must pound but It looks like it takes up a ton of space. I might go with the 8”. What did he charge you for the 10” ring? Thnks

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Thanks for the input Mike U, I’m wondering if the speakers you have can handle the double bass and the low deep growls of death metal. What kind of music are you listening to on them? I live in Queens N.Y. and I was looking into these. https://www.americanhardbag.com/products/aggressor-pro-880-twin-8-full-range-woofer-mount-for-harley-davidson-baggers
I was looking at different types of kits when I was deciding on the 8's for The Bags.
After doing a lot of research I decided on the PRV 8MB600 Forte's because they get a lot of great reviews.
I haven't finished tuning My System yet but they do put out a lot of Bass for an 8" Speaker.
I mounted mine with some inexpensive speaker rings that I found on eBay.
One thing to remember is that the PRV 8MB600 Speakers come in a Square Basket and the rings needed to be shaped to fit them.
If You don't mind spending the cash the American Hardbag Kits seem like a very good choice all depends if You want Single 8's, Double 8's or 10's.
You can do some research on the Other Forum in the Audio Section and find some really good information.
If there's anything else I can help You with just let me know.
Mike U.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was looking at different types of kits when I was deciding on the 8's for The Bags.
After doing a lot of research I decided on the PRV 8MB600 Forte's because they get a lot of great reviews.
I haven't finished tuning My System yet but they do put out a lot of Bass for an 8" Speaker.
I mounted mine with some inexpensive speaker rings that I found on eBay.
One thing to remember is that the PRV 8MB600 Speakers come in a Square Basket and the rings needed to be shaped to fit them.
If You don't mind spending the cash the American Hardbag Kits seem like a very good choice all depends if You want Single 8's, Double 8's or 10's.
You can do some research on the Other Forum in the Audio Section and find some really good information.
If there's anything else I can help You with just let me know.
Mike U.
Thanks a bunch Mike U. I’m going to look into all that including the Dirty Bird Pods with the JL 8.8’s.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Thanks a bunch Mike U. I’m going to look into all that including the Dirty Bird Pods with the JL 8.8’s.
You're very welcome Bro.
I've read good things about the JL 8.8 speakers.
I have PRV 6MR500-NDY8 Speakers Bridged in my Lower Fairings and they are extremely loud.
I am also running H.A.T. Unity 6.5 with Beyma SQL60 Horns in the upper fairing as well as H.A.T. Imagine 6x9 Bridged in the Lids.
The speakers are being powered by 2 Soundigital SD800.4 EVO Amps and the Horns are powered by a SD 250.2 Nano Amp.
Everything is connected to a Digital Design DSI-2 Signal Processor.
I am in no way an Audio Expert and I am not looking to enter in any type of competition.
I just like my Sound System to be working to my liking.
Mike U.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I like that you can still retain the “L” shaped screws. The 10” must pound but It looks like it takes up a ton of space. I might go with the 8”. What did he charge you for the 10” ring? Thnks

I think they were like $150. I can get more pics when i get home. I’m still able to stuff a lot of shit around them. I have a chopped tour pak also so i keep most of my daily stuff in there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts