Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help guys; I have the stock radio head unit and Boom speaker’s front and back. When playing music thru my I Phone 5s (connected via the radio front plug in) the sound quality just isn’t that great, and I have to almost max the radio volume to hear music on the Hwy. I’ve tried the various “music EQ” settings on the I Phone (loudness, bass booster, acoustic, etc.) but I can’t find one that gives me great sound. In Contrast my old Blackberry sounded fantastic when plugged into the same bike with the same tunes. Any ideas???

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I have to run my "5s" at about full volume on the highway also, I have no other phone to compare it to, this might be a crappy solution but maybe just use your old phone as a music player?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I Phone Volume is always on full. I read in another post about converting music in I Tunes to an "Apple Lossless version". I'll try this as well with a few songs and see if there is a difference..

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Maybe try Pandora or some other music feed through the phone to see if is the Phone or the files.

·
Registered
400 Posts
My iPhone 5 has the same problem sometimes. I found that if I press the volume button up all the way that only affects the ringer. I have to open the YouTube app and watch a video then turn up the volume to max. Also the Bit rate at which the song was downloaded will also effect the loudness. A song at 128 kbps won't be as loud as 256 and 320 kbps will be even louder. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If you are using ITunes to store your music try clicking in a song then go to the top of the screen and select FILE scroll down to GET INFO and click that. In the window that pops up go to options at the top and click that. There you will see a volume adjust bar. I have all my music set at +90 and I run the phone volume at full and I can hear everything pretty loud and clear. I also have my music stored as apple lossless files. Hope this helps you out some.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts