Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting the Iron Cross Iphone/Ipod interface module. I was wondering if anybody ran the wire to the right or left glove box instead of all the way back to saddle bag. I don't think it would be that difficult and alot more convienient. Any info would help thanks tbone.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Says you can run your iPhone/iPod with the grip controls as well as the radio soft buttons. That's huge.

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,319 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking this afternoon when I was checking it out :) looks like its what I'm looking for, just curious if anyone that is running this setup wanted to chime in with there thoughts about the unit

·
Registered
444 Posts
That iPod/iPhone interface is nice. I run mine with my iPhone mounted on my handlebars, so I can also use as my GPS. Best to create some playlists so you spend less time scrolling for songs. I give this unit 2 thumbs up!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Is the Iron Cross version plug and play? I don't want to cut any wires. I have a 2013 RGU.
Yes it is. Unplug your harness from the radio, plug the interface module into the same spot on the radio, plug your harness into the pass-through connector on the interface module. If it wasn't for the fairing, this would be a 5 minute job! :)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Yes it is. Unplug your harness from the radio, plug the interface module into the same spot on the radio, plug your harness into the pass-through connector on the interface module. If it wasn't for the fairing, this would be a 5 minute job! :)
Thanks! I may give it a shot!

·
Registered
29 Posts
You have to tap the power and ground wires from the radio harness.
Very easy ......good instructions with kit.
I installed this kit about a year ago...playlists are a must.
Works great.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks guys for all your input here, I bought the kit too .. I am looking forward to having this installed.

Great bunch of knowledge here !

·
Registered
708 Posts
You do have to tap a power and ground but its easy with their connectors.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have the HDPDPLUSII and ran the cable through the top corner of left glove box through a grommet. Quick and easy access. Agree on the play lists, love the handle bar controls.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts