Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new to the Form, search a few posting but I have yet to find any conversation on I Pod Nano Recognition Problem. I am on a 2012 RG CVO Maple. I have had the Nano to play before but non of the controls see to work such as changing selection etc. Then again sometimes I get Not Recognized message. Any suggestions? Has anyone had the same issue?. Is this a matter for service.

CREEPA

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
If you have access to another nano (maybe a buddy has one), try it and see if it works or if you get the same message. If it doesn't work you may have a bad ipod module. If it works than an iPod problem. For the module, service. For the ipod you probably going to have to deal with Apple

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
85 Posts
Was there a firmware update for your Nano? I had a similar problem when I updated iPhone software. The following iPhone update fixed it. The unit would play when plugged in, but the stereo head unit said that it didn't recognize the device, and controls, other than volume, would not work. (And this was the factory installed cvo plug.)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Apprecaite the feed back Gentleman, Yes this is factory installed CVO plug. I will test tonight with my I Phone of which I know has current software. If the phone is recognized and control work then I seek update for Nano. If not then I will schedule a service visit for the Module. Is the Module accessiable with outer fairing?

Thanks CREEPA

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I would recommend using another nano. The ipod interface was designed for a nano. If you use an iPhone or itouch, make sure you start the music app before plugging it in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts