Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Nice! Two hours of parts ordering, that is allot of parts! I hope they ordered the correct ones!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
It was fun! The parts guy at my dealership is like having a friend who wants to help you get the right parts. Most of the 2 hours was just bullshitting and looking at what they had on-hand. At another dealership I (used to) go to, it feels like I'm a bother. This is so much better!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Congrats! I ordered the same bike out here. Went in the other day to see when she'd come in. Wasn't there yet but they had the VIN so also got to order some parts. Was the most fun I've had buying a vehicle in years. Nice set of initial upgrades you ordered :)
Nice! It is fun, isn't it! What parts did you get?
TBH, I haven't actually ordered anything. I guess it would better to call it "window shopping". But, he looked up all the parts and gave me a quote. I plan on doing the actual ordering when I actually sit down to buy it.
I'm also considering not doing the detachable tour-pak, and doing a full SE stage 1 upgrade instead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice! It is fun, isn't it! What parts did you get?
TBH, I haven't actually ordered anything. I guess it would better to call it "window shopping". But, he looked up all the parts and gave me a quote. I plan on doing the actual ordering when I actually sit down to buy it.
I'm also considering not doing the detachable tour-pak, and doing a full SE stage 1 upgrade instead.
Initially I’m having them do a stage 2 torque, jackpot headers, tab mufflers, Arlen ness AC, and 14” bars.

Makes my wife a little anxious when I talk about all my future plans for the bike lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Initially I’m having them do a stage 2 torque, jackpot headers, tab mufflers, Arlen ness AC, and 14” bars.

Makes my wife a little anxious when I talk about all my future plans for the bike lol
I hear ya! My wife is the same way, but she kinda threw me for a loop a couple weeks ago. I was telling her about the parts I was pricing out and that I wanted to get a heated/cooled seat next fall, after she is comfortable getting on the back. She said she wanted it right away! It is still winter, after all. Which also means she seems to want to get on quicker than I expected. Anyway, I have $3k budgeted for initial upgrades, but I happily ditched $1k of it for her "Queen's seat". So... she might be almost as bad as me at throwing money at our ride. Which, as I see it, is a GOOD thing!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hear ya! My wife is the same way, but she kinda threw me for a loop a couple weeks ago. I was telling her about the parts I was pricing out and that I wanted to get a heated/cooled seat next fall, after she is comfortable getting on the back. She said she wanted it right away! It is still winter, after all. Which also means she seems to want to get on quicker than I expected. Anyway, I have $3k budgeted for initial upgrades, but I happily ditched $1k of it for her "Queen's seat". So... she might be almost as bad as me at throwing money at our ride. Which, as I see it, is a GOOD thing!
it’s great when the wife is on board isn’t it? Mine rides an ‘09 Fatboy so she’s all in. She also drives a ‘17 Challenger scat pack, and literally walked in the room while I was typing this and says “since you’re planning all these bike upgrades, I have some upgrades I want done on the challenger”…..I may be in for a fun year lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
it’s great when the wife is on board isn’t it? Mine rides an ‘09 Fatboy so she’s all in. She also drives a ‘17 Challenger scat pack, and literally walked in the room while I was typing this and says “since you’re planning all these bike upgrades, I have some upgrades I want done on the challenger”…..I may be in for a fun year lol
Nice! Good that you guys have hobbies that you can enjoy together.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Nice looking bike.

Reactions: MJacobsen

·
Registered
26 Posts
View attachment 435166
I ordered it back in November. I went in yesterday to touch base and see when it might come in. He said it was in the back... I was stoked! He took me back to see it, then I spent 2 hours ordering parts.
They just need to get it ready and add my parts. It may be a bit, but I am chomping at the bit!
Love the color combo and congrats. What color is the pin stripe?? Is it like a silver or gray?

·
Registered
72 Posts
View attachment 435166
I ordered it back in November. I went in yesterday to touch base and see when it might come in. He said it was in the back... I was stoked! He took me back to see it, then I spent 2 hours ordering parts.
They just need to get it ready and add my parts. It may be a bit, but I am chomping at the bit!
looks like it's ready to ride, hope you have many smooth roads

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I went to visit her again the other day. She looks so good! But she is waiting on what I consider a major upgrade, so she won't be coming home for a week or two.
She's going to completely chromed out. (I know that may disappoint some of you. But chrome is what I love.)
In the meantime, here are some updated pics!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
nothing wrong with chrome if that's what you like. but.... if your bike is at the dealer to have this done, make sure that you take all your old blacked out parts with. they have a tendency to hang on to them, and either the techs take them home, or they sell them off their clearance table later.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts