Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Agree with @skratch said. And more likely can sell them to recoup some cash. And congrats on the new sled. Beautiful colors

Reactions: MJacobsen

·
Registered
505 Posts
I like chrome too. Did they charge extra for the swap?

Very nice ride!! Congrats.

I went to visit her again the other day. She looks so good! But she is waiting on what I consider a major upgrade, so she won't be coming home for a week or two.
She's going to completely chromed out. (I know that may disappoint some of you. But chrome is what I love.)
In the meantime, here are some updated pics!

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,131 Posts
make sure that you take all your old blacked out parts with. they have a tendency to hang on to them, and either the techs take them home, or they sell them off their clearance table later.
THIS ^^^^^ Make sure you do this. No matter what. They're your parts. All of them. You can make a bunch back selling it off yourself.

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,296 Posts
What @scratch said and you can move them here too. What didn't you get the chrome version to start with clean canvas, price too good?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Thanks for the advice about holding onto the parts they take off. I assume most stock parts will be hard to sell. But, it's worth giving it a shot.
Did they charge extra for the swap?
They did, indeed. But definitely worth it, in my book! But, honestly, the dealer is doing me a solid. He's been great!

What didn't you get the chrome version to start with clean canvas, price too good?
The Reef Blue / Vivid Black only comes in the blacked out version. The chrome options are Black, Gauntlet Grey/Vivid Black, and Mineral Green Metallic. The middle scheme is last year's color and the green just didn't speak to me. But I love these colors!

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,131 Posts
Thanks for the advice about holding onto the parts they take off. I assume most stock parts will be hard to sell. But, it's worth giving it a shot.
They did, indeed. But definitely worth it, in my book! But, honestly, the dealer is doing me a solid. He's been great!

The Reef Blue / Vivid Black only comes in the blacked out version. The chrome options are Black, Gauntlet Grey/Vivid Black, and Mineral Green Metallic. The middle scheme is last year's color and the green just didn't speak to me. But I love these colors!
Not when they're black powder coat factory parts. They'll sell. When you get your parts back post them up here for sale.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Love this color combo, hopefully will have one like it soon, already have a deal on paper just waiting for the dealership to find/get it.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Okay, saw this at a local dealership. THEY HAVE THE COLOR SCHEME Correct!! LOL

Blue over Black - the entire bike!

View attachment 435559

I did some digging and found the following on HD website.

This is the only two tone color this year on a Special and the scheme is different from the Limited altogether. Much easier to see when the pix are stacked. Chrome option only available on the Special.

HD's site shows what you noticed on the Limited. The colors are flopped on the fairing. I'm starting to think with all the extra black due to seating on the Limited it isn't that bad of an idea.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yep. I saw that and I don't get it still. It just brings a certain level of crazy to the surface that if I were gonna buy, I'd be determined enough to buy the Special and then add the Tour Pack and any of the things I felt were needed. Or repaint the Limited parts. Or buy the Special's fairing and fender and replace it on the Limited. (see...it makes me crazy) Bwaaaa haaaaa haaaaa
Sure it would cost me more - probably as much as having all the black swapped for chrome. But alas, these are just the ramblings of a middle-class income guy. LOL

61 - 76 of 76 Posts